Seasonal Driver Helper last paycheck help

iceiceice

I'm a seasonal driver helper and on my last day (12/26/2017) I've only work for 1 hour and 36 minutes. I didn't go to the building yesterday to get it because when I went there last week they said they can just send it by mail. I tried to call the number they gave us but no one answered. Anyone knows what should I do? Any other email or phone numbers I should try?

iceiceice

Thanks for the reply! I looked up the UPS center on google map and its closed on Saturday and Sunday. I'll try to call them on Monday to confirm if they are mailing it to me or I'll just have to go there.

Maplewood

Just go there , don’t wait for them to mail it cause it’ll be a few years.
UPS suddenly fired all the Temp helper coordinaters on 12/27 to save money after many shippers stated they are leaving so they won't be answering their phone. All our Helper checks are just sitting in a drawer. I just grabbed my helpers and had him meet me and trade uniform. Your driver would be the only person at UPS that actually cares and may help. They keep the last check to get the uniform back. Centers don't have enough support staff to deal with it anymore in my opinion.

Brownnie

Do all helpers pay start up union fees? .. I ask 'cause I didn't notice any deductible in any of my driver helper pay stubs. However on my last check, about 30 minutes were missing :closedeye .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do all helpers pay start up union fees? .. I ask 'cause I didn't notice any deductible in any of my driver helper pay stubs. However on my last check, about 30 minutes were missing :closedeye .

No. Only the locals that don't care about gouging seasonals charge them both initiation fee and union dues.

30 minutes @ $10.10/hr equals $5.05. Hardly worth fussing about.

Brownnie

30 minutes @ $10.10/hr equals $5.05. Hardly worth fussing about.

Indeed... I've been told this is a common thing to happen on the last pay checks :teethy:. And I did worked from beginning of the shift to the end, no breaks or little delays, so yes I was $5.50 cheated. I eat on McD's for a week with that amount :raspberry-tounge:.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Indeed... I've been told this is a common thing to happen on the last pay checks :teethy:. And I did worked from beginning of the shift to the end, no breaks or little delays, so yes I was $5.50 cheated. I eat on McD's for a week with that amount :raspberry-tounge:.

It is not a common thing to happen on last pay checks.

Brownnie

No biggie.. Is not like I can prove anything other than having to contact my driver. Any sheet that I signed every day (with my hrs) they all already had the designated amount of hrs that I was going to work for each day so even then, I was missing 1/2 of hr.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No biggie.. Is not like I can prove anything other than having to contact my driver. Any sheet that I signed every day (with my hrs) they all already had the designated amount of hrs that I was going to work for each day so even then, I was missing 1/2 of hr.

You are not paid based on designated hours.

Brownnie

You are not paid based on designated hours.
I can only speak based on my experience but for example ,every day if in my sheet someone had hand written 7hrs (previous to me even getting there), then that's exactly what I was getting. If 7hrs -5 days a week then my check stated 35, except on my last check of course :raspberry-tounge:. I don't know if helpers are even aloud/supposed to take breaks but I never did.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can only speak based on my experience but for example ,every day if in my sheet someone had hand written 7hrs (previous to me even getting there), then that's exactly what I was getting. If 7hrs -5 days a week then my check stated 35, except on my last check of course :raspberry-tounge:. I don't know if helpers are even aloud/supposed to take breaks but I never did.

Did you work more, less or right at their “allowed” hours? You are paid from the moment you get on the car until the moment you step off—no more, no less.

If you are “allowed” 7 hours but only work 6 you are only paid for 6.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
@RonBurgandy?????????? spends more that on French fries
My lunch sandwich alone cost more than that today.
BEB592B8-80E3-4E2E-8AB9-6BD3CB6F9675.jpeg
Think it was 6 something.