Seasonal Driver in Eagn, MN

ofctann

Hello,
I’m looking to find out any info or insight to a seasonal driver (not helper)in Eagan, MN
How are your days?
Do they make it almost impossible to finish your route (area) & if yourroute is different from day to day, week to week as a seasonal driver?
I understand its physical and fast paced, but I think I’m more nervous aboutnot knowing the area I'm supposed to be making deliveries in, thus making myday never ending & a total catastrophe.
Any positive or negative thoughts would be appreciated. The area I would beassigned to is Eagan, MN if their are any drivers from that area with some information Id appreciate it.

Thanks
Bill

rod

Retired 22 years
Everyone is lost for awhile but it will all fall into place. Don't panic-don't speed- don't do anything unsafe. Make sure you have your centers phone number so you can call for help if needed (more than likely there won't be any help available). COVER YOUR OWN :censored2:. Expect to work long hours--its never been an 8 to 5 kind of job. Now go have a fun summer.

ofctann

Thanks for the input. Do you happen to know if you can claim unemployment when they let you go at the end of the season? From what I hear there almost not going to keep you as a full time driver once the season is over.

rod

Retired 22 years
It wouldn't hurt to go to the employment office and ask about your situation. I've heard of people combining 2 or 3 jobs they have had during the year to get enough work history and hours to qualify for unemployment. From what I have seen collecting unemployment checks has become a "career" for some people now days.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It wouldn't hurt to go to the employment office and ask about your situation. I've heard of people combining 2 or 3 jobs they have had during the year to get enough work history and hours to qualify for unemployment. From what I have seen collecting unemployment checks has become a "career" for some people now days.
What the heck is going on with that? I collected it once. The summer of the OJ trial. I lasted as long as the trial. No extensions.