Seasonal Driver Question

MrM

I was hired as a seasonal driver. Went to driver school last month. Immediately after driving school, I got 3 days with a full time supervisor on road working a route. Since then, Its been 3 full weeks since I worked a route (I counted exactly 21 days including today). Every day I show up in the morning with all the other drivers, but I hardly get any work whatsoever. If I'm lucky, Ill get 3-4 air stops and then I have to punch out and go home. If I'm really lucky, I'll be called later in the day to come in to do pickups. Its always some new area so supervisor rides with me. Is this normal? Paychecks are small, bills are piling up, I'm getting worried. I feel overwhelmed. Creditors don't care why or who or when, and honestly its embarrassing telling people you have a job but no money. I don't work long enough to even take a paid break. I've asked my supervisor for more work but I'm told hang tight. Is this normal?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was hired as a seasonal driver. Went to driver school last month. Immediately after driving school, I got 3 days with a full time supervisor on road working a route. Since then, Its been 3 full weeks since I worked a route (I counted exactly 21 days including today). Every day I show up in the morning with all the other drivers, but I hardly get any work whatsoever. If I'm lucky, Ill get 3-4 air stops and then I have to punch out and go home. If I'm really lucky, I'll be called later in the day to come in to do pickups. Its always some new area so supervisor rides with me. Is this normal? Paychecks are small, bills are piling up, I'm getting worried. I feel overwhelmed. Creditors don't care why or who or when, and honestly its embarrassing telling people you have a job but no money. I don't work long enough to even take a paid break. I've asked my supervisor for more work but I'm told hang tight. Is this normal?

So you are a off the street seasonal who has been on this site since 2011.
Bravo what stick-to-itiveness. Bravo

W

What The Hawk?

The smart thing to do is just find something else. You're a seasonal driver which means you'll be let go eventually.

MrM

Thanks guys. School restarts late August. I just can't lie to some other company saying train me only to quit late august when school restarts. Well, I could but....you get the idea...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Quit now! Does UPS seem to care about you at all?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I've been playing with the same booger for the past 15 minutes! What is wrong with me?!?