Seasonal driver!

Seasonaldriver69

Update...

All the other seasonal drivers are gone besides me. the manager came up to me yesterday and said once seasonal is done for me which is mid jan. I'll have a week or two off...then I'll come back and do a practice run l...which is where I have to qualify to get my route and be a ft driver. he said I have to either break even on the run or get bonus and finish before.

Does this sound like maybe I will be hired in ft to be a driver with my own route? he keeps talking about getting me one as soon as I'm done with this test route thing.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm trying not to waste my time here. I got a family to feed and don't need anymore false hopes.

However I did think it was a good sign Im the only seasonal driver left in the hub.

Thanks.

girlinbrown

I don't know much, really, but my center does seem to keep its promise of hiring one seasonal per year. I've met two guys who were seasonal drivers in recent years who were kept on as cover drivers after peak. Good luck!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Update...

All the other seasonal drivers are gone besides me. the manager came up to me yesterday and said once seasonal is done for me which is mid jan. I'll have a week or two off...then I'll come back and do a practice run l...which is where I have to qualify to get my route and be a ft driver. he said I have to either break even on the run or get bonus and finish before.

Does this sound like maybe I will be hired in ft to be a driver with my own route? he keeps talking about getting me one as soon as I'm done with this test route thing.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm trying not to waste my time here. I got a family to feed and don't need anymore false hopes.

However I did think it was a good sign Im the only seasonal driver left in the hub.

Thanks.
How old are you?

Seasonaldriver69

*update*

Just got done signing for full time with HR as a driver.

I was worried it wouldn't happen after some comments but it's official. After my 30 day qualifying training route which will be both residential and commercial I get my own route that's between 8-10hrs a day. I'm taking a route from a guy who is retiring at the end of this month. Not only did I get hired BUT it's full time! I was worried they would offer me a handler or part time. So glad it went the way it did!

Rack em

Made the Podium
*update*

I was worried it wouldn't happen after some comments but it's official. After my 30 day qualifying training route which will be both residential and commercial I get my own route that's between 8-10hrs a day. I'm taking a route from a guy who is retiring at the end of this month. Not only did I get hired BUT it's full time! I was worried they would offer me a handler or part time. So glad it went the way it did!
Congrats, now change your username!

haller

*update*

That is great news. Just curious are you from a small center?

Jsea1

I have a job interview Thursday for a part time package handler, I currently haul cars for a living - 90k a year job. 6 tt experience. What are the chances I can go to driving. I will be out of the Jackson MS hub. Any advice

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
I have a job interview Thursday for a part time package handler, I currently haul cars for a living - 90k a year job. 6 tt experience. What are the chances I can go to driving. I will be out of the Jackson MS hub. Any advice
Yeah continue making 90k hauling instead of $10.20 an hour here

Above10200

Got hired as a seasonal driver. I got "the best driving test score they have seen in years" which I got 20 points. I guess that's "great".

I been here since Nov.
I've been doing the plane run every morning at 5am recently for about 3 weeks plus my normal run and then picking ups and overloads so about 12 hour days. I had a 26 year old supervisor on my truck for a week helping because I had well over 600 packages. he told me they NEVER give PT people that run unless they trust them? just trying to give my wife a break with these questions.. she's full of them.

my supervisor talked to the warehouse supervisor and then advised me to keep running strong because I was the only seasonal hire they were looking to bring back "next year" as in January hire. there's 3 drivers retiring this January from my hub. but I have a few questions.

#1 I was hired in at $18.75 hr, not sure if I get hired FT what the pay will be? so that's my first question. rumor has it it's $22.

#2 if I'm a driver now and they "hire me FT" do I stay a driver? I'm not intrested in any other job at all. prolly would decline if it wasn't a driver position. and if so, do I just stay on or is there a break between seasonal and getting hired in "ft".

Any advice & input appreciated. I'm in Michigan.
You are seasonal keep your nose clean do your best DON'T HAVE AN ACCIDENT! When you qualify you start out with the progression. Look at your contract book to see how the progression works. You need to make sure they pay you full scale pay if you work in the summer. Also look at the dates that they can work you as seasonal if you go over you are automatically qualified. Hope this helps