seasonal driving, back pay, new contract..

BUCN85

I will be seasonal driving this Christmas at $16.10hr. I work preload and will get back pay from the contract. Will I also get back pay for seasonal. $18.25hr ? Or is the seasonal wage not increasing only full time driver wage?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will definitely get back pay for your preload work.

I'm not sure what the new seasonal driver rate is but if it went up you would get back pay for that as well.

Johney

I will be seasonal driving this Christmas at $16.10hr. I work preload and will get back pay from the contract. Will I also get back pay for seasonal. $18.25hr ? Or is the seasonal wage not increasing only full time driver wage?
Keep track of your hours and file. That's all you can do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep track of your hours and file. That's all you can do.

Why would he have to file? If the seasonal driver rate went up in the new NMA he should automatically receive back pay for all hours worked upon ratification of the NMA. It won't be much (probably less than $100) and he will probably lose most of that to taxes.

cb1969

as a permanent pt driver going as a temp driver your rate is 21.13 per hr or 75% of top rate...when the new contract is ratified it will change to 75% of the new top rate in the contract that's the end top rate...at least in the Atlantic area supplement...the rate you state is for seasonal employees only or first time permanent drivers not reg temp drivers

BUCN85

Ok I gotcha. So what I'm getting from this is as a seasonal driver $16.10 is sticking. Anybody know if air driver is getting a raise. $12.50 an hr is a joke. Jumpers make $12.85

UPSGUY72

Read your new contract / supplement and see if the rate for seasonal drivers is going to changed and you will have your answer..... If it is you will get back pay if it isn't you won't.

cb1969

as a seasonal employee the 16.10 is correct. But if you are already a regular employee and then become a seasonal driver it should be 21.13 then higher after the new contract and then you go through a progression

PT Car Washer

Yeah, I would agree with that. What our air drivers do, both FT and PT is make the company pay us top driver rate when we do ground work. No guarantees on hours but then seasonal have no guarantees either.