Seasonal Driving Based on Building Seniority?

ThePackageDeli

Scenario:
If Alex goes through training and begins seasonal driving before Andrew, but Andrew has more seniority than Alex, does Andrew displace Alex once Andrew is trained and ready?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Scenario:
If Alex goes through training and begins seasonal driving before Andrew, but Andrew has more seniority than Alex, does Andrew displace Alex once Andrew is trained and ready?
Being that they are both still pt employees, yes, once they've both been trained they should be offered work in accordance with their pt seniority.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Being that they are both still pt employees, yes, once they've both been trained they should be offered work in accordance with their pt seniority.

When I was a TCD all qualified drivers were offered work before unqualified drivers. So if your buildings highest seniority part-time employee passed driver school he would jump to the top of all non-qualified drivers but would be slotted behind all other TCD drivers who were qualified. Once qualified that driver would go to the top of the entire TCD list.

When I was a TCD I qualified my first year because I wasn't afraid to go out blind. This put me ahead of some higher seniority part-time drivers but they knew what would happen when they kept passing daily work.

MrBates

Scenario:

Before I went full time I was an inside part time loader. Even though there were 3 seasonals who had more experience (driving peak) than me, the business agents made sure that I had a shot of qualifying first since I had more company senority.

RolloTony Brown Town

You have a 30 day qualifications for seasonal drivers?

Wow we just train them for 4 or 5 days and say good luck.
Not for casuals. Casuals get a few days and are sent on their way.

TCDs are pt preload, hub, and local sort employees that are driving during summer months and October-January 15. They have to complete a 30 day qualification. They also work their way through progression. After January 15 they go back to their pt classification. If they win a bid then they can’t be forced to complete another 30.