seasonal employees

upschuck

Depends on how long you are willing to wait to get called back. For continuous employment, probably what was said above, If you are willing to wait it out and reapply, and did a good job during the seasonal period, probably 100%, for they will eventually need more people. Nobody knows how long that would take.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Really depends on need. Two weeks ago I would say nobody would be kept. But about half the people on my sort just left. Now the seasonals have a great shot of staying

Rainman

Its all good.
Full time, small chance because of low turnover. Part time, a greater chance due to the higher turnover and expanding opportunities due to Amazon and other online companies expanding.

outside.obetz

If you are trying to stay at UPS the best way to ensure that is to be the hardest worker in the building. Period.
However be prepared to sweat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

new_upserMA

Depends on how long you are willing to wait to get called back. For continuous employment, probably what was said above, If you are willing to wait it out and reapply, and did a good job during the seasonal period, probably 100%, for they will eventually need more people. Nobody knows how long that would take.

Eventually is how long exactly 5 days, 5 weeks , 5 years ? I love when people know the answer to a question but won't tell you because it isn't as 'positive' and the real answer is probably don't count on it.
How many people can afford to sit by the phone and "wait it out" especially when unemployment rate is only 5.8% and there are many many more options available today not 'eventually'. Btw it takes years to get to that 90,000 -100,000 a year

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Eventually is how long exactly 5 days, 5 weeks , 5 years ? I love when people know the answer to a question but won't tell you because it isn't as 'positive' and the real answer is probably don't count on it.
How many people can afford to sit by the phone and "wait it out" especially when unemployment rate is only 5.8% and there are many many more options available today not 'eventually'. Btw it takes years to get to that 90,000 -100,000 a year
It isn't something set it stone. It's not like they call you at 0947 on January 15th. If they want you, they'll let you know. Staffing needs change daily. Two weeks ago my shift was fully staffed. Now we are begging for people to come in.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The uncertainty on this thread is for a good reason. There is no certainty at UPS.

new_upserMA

It isn't something set it stone. It's not like they call you at 0947 on January 15th. If they want you, they'll let you know. Staffing needs change daily. Two weeks ago my shift was fully staffed. Now we are begging for people to come in.

Of course the job markets in most of the country best since 1997-2000 so of course it's hard to find people. But if they want you they will tell you right then and there if not you will just get some ambiguous answer which 95 out of 100 times means NO

Rainman

Its all good.
Means don't count on it. When someone speaks in ambiguous tone or says something like I don't know it really means don't count on it
The wait time is different in different parts of the country. A lot depends on turnover. In my center we've lost two drivers since August, with another retiring in January. How the company fills those slots is yet to be determined. Maybe some from inside, some from off the street. This will be the same all over the country. In the next few years there will be a lot of people retiring, opening up lots of opportunities. So the opportunities will open up, but how soon is anyone's guess. You have to do what you think is best for your family. Only you can decide that. The best that we on BC can do is guess what may happen, and when. Good luck to you and your family.

upschuck

Of course the job markets in most of the country best since 1997-2000 so of course it's hard to find people. But if they want you they will tell you right then and there if not you will just get some ambiguous answer which 95 out of 100 times means NO
I get ambiguous answers probably 90% of the time on questions that I ask management. It is because they don't know either, not that the answer is no.

new_upserMA

In Massachusetts there are ads for ups all over the radio, newspapers etc.... Maybe it's different in other parts of the country like Michigan or Detroit but in this state I know the labor market is very tight and economy is booming. The only other state that comes close is new Hampshire

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In Massachusetts there are ads for ups all over the radio, newspapers etc.... Maybe it's different in other parts of the country like Michigan or Detroit but in this state I know the labor market is very tight and economy is booming. The only other state that comes close is new Hampshire
I have more hours than I even want this week.