Seasonal Feeder Driver Interview

LilCohen1978

Got a feeder driver interview at tommorrow & Im nerveous because I had one in november & didnt get the job so I got a few questions:
1.I have less than 6 months experience & a accident in a commercial vehicle,my chances are pretty slim correct?
2.Had a interview w/other companies,is it worth it to take a job at UPS(if offered) for seasonal w/o any bennies or take a jobs fulltime at a small local company?
3.What are my chances of becoming fulltime w/the contract coming up?
Thanx

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
1.I have less than 6 months experience & a accident in a commercial vehicle,my chances are pretty slim correct?

My understanding of UPS driving standards is your chances go to almost zero with this incident. Then again, I saw something for package car driving recently and it said three accidents/three moving violations in the last three years. It might depend on the area you're in.

2.Had a interview w/other companies,is it worth it to take a job at UPS(if offered) for seasonal w/o any bennies or take a jobs fulltime at a small local company?

It depends on your situation. I took a helper job during Peak, worked like a DOG after the Denver blizzards and was released one morning without notice. If you take a seasonal driving job, they'll lay you off and you might get called back. This depends on the building's needs. It could be weeks or months before you get the call. I know I saw a poster on here going through something similar. I don't know if the displayname coming to mind is right or not.

3.What are my chances of becoming fulltime w/the contract coming up?

Can't answer this one. Might depend on the picture nationwide and I doubt anyone on here has access to those reports or internal UPS contract updates. However, I have a feeling this could be a very rough contract negotiation. -Rocky

Dutch Dawg

If this interview is the result of the same application that got you an interview back in November, I would think the second interview to be a positive sign. Anymore it appears the supply and demand ratio of manpower dictates policy interpertation.