Seasonal preloaders

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Post your best stories about the newbies.

We had one leave at break day one. They begged them to come back the next day. Next day 3 trucks to load. Loaded 2 of them and stacked the whole 3rd truck out. Annnnnnnd walked out at break never to be seen again day 2 also.

Had another I am assuming sup said just make sure it gets on the right truck. Completely random loads. Rdr shelf 2. You bet. 4000 at rdl sure why not.

KOG72

I’m full of it

We had one leave at break day one. They begged them to come back the next day. Next day 3 trucks to load. Loaded 2 of them and stacked the whole 3rd truck out. Annnnnnnd walked out at break never to be seen again day 2 also.

Had another I am assuming sup said just make sure it gets on the right truck. Completely random loads. Rdr shelf 2. You bet. 4000 at rdl sure why not.
It keeps your brain fresh

542thruNthru

We have regular preloaders that walk out at break and never come back.

Our manager did have to beg a PVD to please do 75 stops after he tried to get tough with the PVD about how slow he was and how little work he was doing. It was hilarious to listen to.

watdaflock?

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to seasonal workers. I am reminded practically every day how much the majority of generation Y and Z permanently hired UPSers are actually whiners.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We just stick the new kids in the middle with 2-3 of the easy cars or have them do other work. Nothing crazy, it's been fairly organized since last year. I remember myself being far worse when I first started than compared to new people now.

Mdet

We just stick the new kids in the middle with 2-3 of the easy cars or have them do other work. Nothing crazy, it's been fairly organized since last year. I remember myself being far worse when I first started than compared to new people now.
Hey we have new guys walk around and have no clue what they are doing. We have the T-S guys and the M-friend guys come in and fix what the Saturday guys do. I tried a few times to teach the new guys but they fail really quick. I really think it is the videos that they watch and then when it comes to the real thing they can’t do it at all.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I have one bulk stop with around 30-50 pcs per day. Sequence # is RDR. New loader this week loaded this stop all over the truck and I couldn't figure out why until today. He didn't know what RDR means so he used the last 4 digits of the tracking number in the spa label as the sequence #. Most everyone at my center gets a nickname when they first start work ( slingblade, humpty dumpty, gangster boo, etc..) His nickname is officially..ORION.

Mdet

I have one bulk stop with around 30-50 pcs per day. Sequence # is RDR. New loader this week loaded this stop all over the truck and I couldn't figure out why until today. He didn't know what RDR means so he used the last 4 digits of the tracking number in the spa label as the sequence #. Most everyone at my center gets a nickname when they first start work ( slingblade, humpty dumpty, gangster boo, etc..) His nickname is officially..ORION.
Hey that is a good one, on our pre load we have this guy who is really slow and we call him where’s Waldo and he looks so confused. I am like where do they find these people off the streets. The belts sups are no where around to help the new guys so they put them with one of us who knows how to load and they still don’t know how to load it.

PT Car Washer

Management told the belt sups to load the rental trucks backwards so that the 7 and 8;s would be in the nose and the 1, 2, and 3 shelves would be at the back. So the belt sup thought she should load the bulk trucks the same way with RDR and RDL in the front and FDR and FDL on the tail and everything else in the middle.

Mdet

Management told the belt sups to load the rental trucks backwards so that the 7 and 8;s would be in the nose and the 1, 2, and 3 shelves would be at the back. So the belt sup thought she should load the bulk trucks the same way with RDR and RDL in the front and FDR and FDL on the tail and everything else in the middle.
Hey that is not how u load a rental at all. Why would they do that. I would be like u are doing it wrong and start taking the stuff out very quick.

charm299

this happens with our permanent preloaders

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Preload is pretty thankless. I think the attrition rate could be cut if the wages were higher.
Lol.

I used to feel that way, and then I saw how things actually worked.

We're running 6 days a week right now. Monday is double time. Not bad, right?
Guys with less than a year in making almost 30 bucks an hour.
And they're almost all still desperately trying to get off the clock and out of the building as fast as possible.

Most of the people in my generation have absolutely no interest in their careers. Nothing to do with the wages. They just don't like having to work.

D

Deleted member 83221

Lol.

I used to feel that way, and then I saw how things actually worked.

We're running 6 days a week right now. Monday is double time. Not bad, right?
Guys with less than a year in making almost 30 bucks an hour.
And they're almost all still desperately trying to get off the clock and out of the building as fast as possible.

Most of the people in my generation have absolutely no interest in their careers. Nothing to do with the wages. They just don't like having to work.
My center pays OT for Mondays no double sadly but I disagree with the not wanting to work aspect. The stresses of the job could be mitigated significantly and people could devote themselves to it fully and see it as a career and not just a part time job if wages were raised.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My center pays OT for Mondays no double sadly but I disagree with the not wanting to work aspect. The stresses of the job could be mitigated significantly and people could devote themselves to it fully and see it as a career and not just a part time job if wages were raised.

It’s an entry level job that normally means low wages

Want more $$$ work more than part time

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'm not attacking your work ethic personally.

I am making a comment about the work ethic of most people in my age bracket.
You can disagree, but I think most people can see it for themselves.

The job honestly pays well for what is required. I make over double minimum wage. I work fantastic hours (No sarcasm). And I get amazing insurance.

Not to mention job security, vacations, paid holidays, seniority rights for advancement, a part time pension!, guaranteed hours and more.

D

Deleted member 83221

It’s an entry level job that normally means low wages

Want more $$$ work more than part time
Well I am planning to drive eventually and I do have a second job. However I do think the preload salaries could use a bit of a bump. 18 dollars an hour seems fair from my perspective.