Seasonal PVD Pay Question

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question about being a PVD for those who may have some experience. Last year I applied towards the end of November and worked as a PVD for about a month and a half making $30/hr. This year I applied much earlier (early October) and upon being hired was told that the pay is $21/hr. I will be working at the same location as I worked last year (rural Colorado).

I know that every location is different, but I’m just curious to know if the initial pay normally starts out a bit lower and is increased as we work our way through peak season, or if $21/hr is more than likely what I’ll be making the entire holiday season? Is it only increased later on if they need to incentivize new workers?

Thank you so much!

ManInBrown

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question about being a PVD for those who may have some experience. Last year I applied towards the end of November and worked as a PVD for about a month and a half making $30/hr. This year I applied much earlier (early October) and upon being hired was told that the pay is $21/hr. I will be working at the same location as I worked last year (rural Colorado).

I know that every location is different, but I’m just curious to know if the initial pay normally starts out a bit lower and is increased as we work our way through peak season, or if $21/hr is more than likely what I’ll be making the entire holiday season? Is it only increased later on if they need to incentivize new workers?

Thank you so much!
god willing O’Brien gets rid of PVD’s.

We are union and your doing union work
To be fair, PVDs do have to pay union dues - at least that was the case when I worked last year as a PVD. All the drivers that I helped out seemed to be very grateful for the PVDs as we were often the only reason they were able to get home at a reasonable hour most nights.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much!
They went over your records from last year and decided anybody that goes that slow is only worth $21 sorry

Yeah you POS saved the whole operation everything would have gone to :censored2: if it hadn’t been for pvd
GTFOH
I'm just saying what my boss and other drivers told all of us on our last day. The drivers I worked with were over worked and understaffed - it was a team effort. I'm really sorry if I said something to offend anyone, that was not at all my intention. Just curious about pay haha.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'm just saying what my boss and other drivers told all of us on our last day. The drivers I worked with were over worked and understaffed - it was a team effort. I'm really sorry if I said something to offend anyone, that was not at all my intention. Just curious about pay haha.
Its nothing personal.
It would be like @sailfish being on a big plumbing job, and then some dude shows up with a crecent wrench and a flashlight after watching some videos on youtube about how to fix a toilet.

Nope. I've won many grievances on PVDs taking my hours.
Very interesting. Never even crossed my mind that something like that could happen. Sounds like a completely different dynamic than where I worked last year as a PVD. The drivers were stuffing my car full of boxes at the end of the day as they were given workloads that would have been impossible to manage by themselves. Either way it’s a team effort for sure and I’m looking forward to being apart of the team again this year! :)

Its nothing personal.
It would be like @sailfish being on a big plumbing job, and then some dude shows up with a crecent wrench and a flashlight after watching some videos on youtube about how to fix a toilet.
Thanks for the clarification - his response caught me completely off guard but I can certainly understand the frustration. Maybe just a bit misdirected.

542thruNthru

Very interesting. Never even crossed my mind that something like that could happen. Sounds like a completely different dynamic than where I worked last year as a PVD. The drivers were stuffing my car full of boxes at the end of the day as they were given workloads that would have been impossible to manage by themselves. Either way it’s a team effort for sure and I’m looking forward to being apart of the team again this year! :)
Won grievances on PVDs getting extra work Mon-Fri and won grievances on PVDs working Saturdays over RPCDs. Many members made money off of it.