Seasonal to full-time, 30 days question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by GSto, Aug 6, 2019.

1. GSto

GSto New Member

So I'm a seasonal and I'm going to get chosen as a full-time driver since they are hiring a bunch of full timers after this season.

My question is, will my 30 days start when they call me back or will my seasonal working days count toward it.

Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

Your packet won’t start until they call you back and offer you the job. Day 1 will be the first day after they offer you the position. Assuming you’ve already been to drivers school. If you haven’t then you will have to go to school and pass before you can be eligible to drive.

3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

All depends on how long you are laid off before they call you back. If there is no layoff and you are just made permanent then you dont have to do 30 again. Your seniority date will be first day with the company.

4. Upsidedownbrown

Upsidedownbrown New Member

Wrong

5. As with everything else here, depends where you are. In some areas that is absolutely not wrong

6. Elmo.goes.to.prom

Elmo.goes.to.prom Active Member

How do you already know you are going to be chosen to come back?

7. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

If your really good they will hire you straight into management. That’s where all the best drivers go. Just ask your supervisor, he will confirm.

8. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

No, thank you for being part of the success story this Peak season. You have a bright future with UPS.

upload_2019-11-9_4-31-59.jpeg

9. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Is there a region in which seasonal drivers can gain seniority? I know they can't in the Western Region. Of course the company could choose to qualify a driver any time during their 30 days, but there's no language that I'm aware of that controls that.

I do agree that if you are hired permanently after peak, and you do gain seniority, your seniority date should be the first day you worked as a seasonal employee.

10. Covemastah

Covemastah And the Reign Of Terror Continues!! Pats # 6 !!!

What is this packet they speak of ??
    We never had this when I started , only had road test & 3 days sheet writing class , then a few hours rode in the happy bus pc