Seasonal to full-time, 30 days question

LeBrown

So I'm a seasonal and I'm going to get chosen as a full-time driver since they are hiring a bunch of full timers after this season.

My question is, will my 30 days start when they call me back or will my seasonal working days count toward it.

Thanks!

OKLABob

Your packet won’t start until they call you back and offer you the job. Day 1 will be the first day after they offer you the position. Assuming you’ve already been to drivers school. If you haven’t then you will have to go to school and pass before you can be eligible to drive.

ManInBrown

All depends on how long you are laid off before they call you back. If there is no layoff and you are just made permanent then you dont have to do 30 again. Your seniority date will be first day with the company.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
So I'm a seasonal and I'm going to get chosen as a full-time driver since they are hiring a bunch of full timers after this season.

My question is, will my 30 days start when they call me back or will my seasonal working days count toward it.

Thanks!
If your really good they will hire you straight into management. That’s where all the best drivers go. Just ask your supervisor, he will confirm.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
As with everything else here, depends where you are. In some areas that is absolutely not wrong

Is there a region in which seasonal drivers can gain seniority? I know they can't in the Western Region. Of course the company could choose to qualify a driver any time during their 30 days, but there's no language that I'm aware of that controls that.

I do agree that if you are hired permanently after peak, and you do gain seniority, your seniority date should be the first day you worked as a seasonal employee.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What is this packet they speak of ??
We never had this when I started , only had road test & 3 days sheet writing class , then a few hours rode in the happy bus pc

Air Recovery

They say they're gonna choose you to go full time after season....they probably tell that to all the seasonals in your building to get you guys to run and gun harder in your rentals that dont have telematics.....

bbsam

Staff member
They say they're gonna choose you to go full time after season....they probably tell that to all the seasonals in your building to get you guys to run and gun harder in your rentals that dont have telematics.....
Actually it’s a former driver of mine talking about it. I’ve never known UPS to use these personal vehicles around here. Is it fairly widespread?

Air Recovery

Actually it’s a former driver of mine talking about it. I’ve never known UPS to use these personal vehicles around here. Is it fairly widespread?

My building runs 2 centers, roughly 190-230 drivers.

We have 3 PVDS. My division manager told me he had to train one on Thursday and groaned so im guessing they are a pain in the ass/not exactly management's favorite thing.

Ive never even seen a PVD driver

bbsam

Staff member
My building runs 2 centers, roughly 190-230 drivers.

We have 3 PVDS. My division manager told me he had to train one on Thursday and groaned so im guessing they are a pain in the ass/not exactly management's favorite thing.

Ive never even seen a PVD driver
I thought it sounded odd

40 hrs a week. $30/hr. $.58 per mile.