Seasonal Tractor Trailer Driver

DougA

Hi All,Newbie to the site,looking for some help.
I've applied on line for a seasonal tractor trailer driver,Pa. area.I have plenty of experience,driven a semi my whole life,good record,all endorsements.They have me scheduled for an interview.I'm a semi old fart,60,will they even hire someone my age?Also it says third shift,is that what all seasonal drivers get,and what hourly pay rate does this job pay?Thanks.

QKRSTKR

Usually your on call. Don't know pay rate. Thought they upped it to 22 an hour or so. 60 to them doesn't matter, as long as you have no record, driving points etc.

DougA

Usually your on call. Don't know pay rate. Thought they upped it to 22 an hour or so. 60 to them doesn't matter, as long as you have no record, driving points etc.

Thanks for the reply,no,I have no points,no chargeable DOT ever,0 CVSA,36 years perfect record,I guess I'll just see what they say at my interview.

over9five

Staff member
4uypb.jpg

DougA

And yes Doug, they hire old farts.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread,answered a lot of questions.My interview is at Harrisburg,I am applying for a job at York.I live in Northern Baltimore County.I am a withdrawn Teamster (Consolidated Freightways),would that ever be brought up or have an effect on employment?

Indecisi0n

Hi All,Newbie to the site,looking for some help.
I've applied on line for a seasonal tractor trailer driver,Pa. area.I have plenty of experience,driven a semi my whole life,good record,all endorsements.They have me scheduled for an interview.I'm a semi old fart,60,will they even hire someone my age?Also it says third shift,is that what all seasonal drivers get,and what hourly pay rate does this job pay?Thanks.

60 years old and you can turn on a computer and post on a Internet forum. I tip my hat to you sir.

P

pickup

Thanks for pointing me to that thread,answered a lot of questions.My interview is at Harrisburg,I am applying for a job at York.I live in Northern Baltimore County.I am a withdrawn Teamster (Consolidated Freightways),would that ever be brought up or have an effect on employment?

Being a withdrawn teamster would not have an effect on employment. My question for you is : Are you collecting a pension on that other time of work as a teamster and if so will working in the same industry affect your pension?

I only ask that question because I have heard some people who are retiring or have retired , talk about staying away from such work as it would affect their pensions.

raceanoncr

I only ask that question because I have heard some people who are retiring or have retired , talk about staying away from such work as it would affect their pensions.

Being retired, now for more than 3 yrs, I talk about staying away from ALL work as it DOES affect my "RETIRED ATTITUDE"!

DougA

Being a withdrawn teamster would not have an effect on employment. My question for you is : Are you collecting a pension on that other time of work as a teamster and if so will working in the same industry affect your pension?

Thanks,No,not collecting anything,not retired,just like to stay busy.

DougA

Well darn,didn't work out.On UPS's job website,it says clearly,the job is in York,Pa,as well as other Pa. locations.On my way to the interview,the HR lady was nice enough to call me,and tell me the job is out of Harrisburg only,which would be an 85 mile commute one way for me,which IMHO is too far for casual work.I asked about why it says York on the website,she says that it's kind of confusing,and that they're just trying to pull people from that area,O well........