seasonal vs permanent job postings?

optikz

Hello

I was looking online and saw that ups was hiring for seasonal drivers, but I noticed at my location, it doesn't not say seasonal, it says full time package delivery driver. I looked at a few other locations in my state and they all say seasonal, temporary drivers vs my location that does not say that. I currently work at FedEx and have been here 7 years. This is normally the time of year that ups hires temps but from talking to a few of my buddies over at their facility, they are in need of drivers. What's the chances of this being a full time permanent job posting right before peak?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Hello

I was looking online and saw that ups was hiring for seasonal drivers, but I noticed at my location, it doesn't not say seasonal, it says full time package delivery driver. I looked at a few other locations in my state and they all say seasonal, temporary drivers vs my location that does not say that. I currently work at FedEx and have been here 7 years. This is normally the time of year that ups hires temps but from talking to a few of my buddies over at their facility, they are in need of drivers. What's the chances of this being a full time permanent job posting right before peak?
It's the free period now..you'll never obtain seniority and most likely get laid off after peak

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty much anyone hired now is seasonal. Now if they really need drivers and you tear it up come peak then there's a chance they could keep you after and have you try to qualify.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello

Slim to none.

optikz

I'll see what my friends tell me after they find out today when they get back in. Even the driver I bumper into today said he's been driving 3 months and they just hired 2 off the street in the last 3 months. Was just curious as to why every other listing says seasonal except the one in my location. They said they were in serious need of drivers, they are all working 55-60 hours every week supposedly. I applied, will ask if they call. Can't go from permanent to seasonal especially with a baby on the way

I'll see what my friends tell me after they find out today when they get back in. Even the driver I bumper into today said he's been driving 3 months and they just hired 2 off the street in the last 3 months. Was just curious as to why every other listing says seasonal except the one in my location. They said they were in serious need of drivers, they are all working 55-60 hours every week supposedly. I applied, will ask if they call. Can't go from permanent to seasonal especially with a baby on the way
If they are hiring this time of year. It Is seasonal.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If they are hiring this time of year. It Is seasonal.
It is but it could be an interview basically for full time.

Basically you could be hired full time but starting nov 1 all days are considered free days and won't go towards gaining seniority. So say you suck it up come peak they are not going to give you a shot to make it come January.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Any permanent FT job with UPS will require you to "audition" / qualify for it, even if you're an incumbent PT employee.