Seasonal worker in trouble with the law!!

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
We have drinks at a local bar in our uniforms. People come up and buy us drinks and tell us you guys do a great job. I don't think a center manager can tell us what we do after work. I understand what they are trying to say but is it a bad image to go to a bar.

I just got back from the local dive down the street from our building, a group of drivers meet there every Thursday after work all in uniform, We say it’s a union meeting. There is nothing management can do. In the past some of the sups would even show up, the old timers who know what it was like before we went public. If they don’t want us to wear our uniform after work, then provide with a place to change and lockers which we don’t have and no I'm not changing in the men's room, AKA Toxic waste site. UPS is to cheap to put lockers in and there isno room for them anyways.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Suppose this were your business and you were hiring seasonal help---would you seriously shell out the $$$ for an extensive background check for an employee who will be there for less than two months?

The only reason the company cares is because the maroon was stupid enough to wear the uniform to his arraignment. Had he showed up in street clothes we wouldn't be having this discussion.

We used to have a couple of drivers who liked to have a few cocktails at a local bar after work while still in uniform. The center manager at the time spoke to these drivers, pointed out the potential image problem and they have since stopped going.

We would've all laugh at him if he told us to stop.