Seasonals

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok so if the company follows the contract that we are currently under (new contract has not been ratified) and no seasonals are kept on as of today. My center is in for a world of hurt.

Now I fully expect my center to keep seasonals until January 15 and our BA will totally let it go. What do you expect to see in your are?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok well what's the point in all the supplements then. I mean basically the union is letting the company use any rule like now instead of wait but holding off on stuff they dot like.

Examples. New hires will be in 4 year progression not 3. Even though they were hired while we were to be working under old contract. Seasonals stay on until January 15. However in the central we won't be allowed to file for triple time until it all passes.

Ouch

Brownslave you have a great point. Some locals just tend to turn their head on some things. Of course we know how to remedy that. Vote them out. Im glad we have a good local here and we dont have to put up with all that. They do a pretty good job on making sure your grievances stick. Yall should get together and file on every contract violation and hold the ba's feet to the fire.

Ouch

Hey ive got a package, whats wrong with having a local that works for its members. Keeping the seasonals on could be taking money out of the partimers pocket that may want the time and money. They may not be offered the chance to work if the seasonals are still working. What wrong with holding your ba accountable to the contract. If your ba will not uphold the contract how do you expect the company to go by the contract. A weak local is a no win situation for everyone except the company. Just curious on which part you disagree with?

Hey ive got a package, whats wrong with having a local that works for its members. Keeping the seasonals on could be taking money out of the partimers pocket that may want the time and money. They may not be offered the chance to work if the seasonals are still working. What wrong with holding your ba accountable to the contract. If your ba will not uphold the contract how do you expect the company to go by the contract. A weak local is a no win situation for everyone except the company. Just curious on which part you disagree with?
I hit the wrong button.....sorry

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok so if the company follows the contract that we are currently under (new contract has not been ratified) and no seasonals are kept on as of today. My center is in for a world of hurt.

Now I fully expect my center to keep seasonals until January 15 and our BA will totally let it go. What do you expect to see in your are?
Ours are done....if they want helpers the next few weeks, us preloaders will be going out after the sort....same as last year.

Oak

Ours are done....if they want helpers the next few weeks, us preloaders will be going out after the sort....same as last year.
Just my opinion, but since we are beyond peak - according to the contract we are currently working under - those employees should be telling the company they need to hire more drivers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just my opinion, but since we are beyond peak - according to the contract we are currently working under - those employees should be telling the company they need to hire more drivers.
They don't force us to work as helpers...it's voluntary.

Overpaid Union Thug

The rumor in my center is that our local or national is allowing seasonals to stay on until January 15. The supervisors have already said they plan to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Oak

The rumor in my center is that our local or national is allowing seasonals to stay on until January 15. The supervisors have already said they plan to.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Seems to be a clear violation of the contract we are working under. Can a PT employee file for the hours worked by a helper at the rate a cover driver would make?