Season's almost over, Helpers are being cut. Paycheck question

hehe xd

As the helper season is coming to an end, I was wondering if I should be expecting my initial paycheck(the hours I worked on my first week on the job) when I return my uniform?

I have all my checks and I've written down all my hours but I am confused because the dates on the checks start from Sunday and end on Saturday, so it's hard to determine if I was even paid for the first week or not.

I don't want to look like a complete maroon asking this question to my coordinator, so i'd rather take the heat on here. Thanks:-)

rod

Retired 22 years
When in doubt ---ASK. UPS is notorious for screwing up checks this time of year. Save all your paperwork until you are satisfied with the outcome.

By The Book

As the helper season is coming to an end, I was wondering if I should be expecting my initial paycheck(the hours I worked on my first week on the job) when I return my uniform?

I have all my checks and I've written down all my hours but I am confused because the dates on the checks start from Sunday and end on Saturday, so it's hard to determine if I was even paid for the first week or not.

I don't want to look like a complete maroon asking this question to my coordinator, so i'd rather take the heat on here. Thanks:-)
Usually an initial check is your first check, is it not? Match up each check you have with the hours you wrote down for those dates, it should be very close. If last week was the end of your seasonal helper job you should be paid today or tomorrow. You may need to turn in your uniform to get your final check, ask your coordinator. If you wrote down the hours you worked on a calendar type of book with dates on it it shouldn't be that hard to match up the check to those dates.

hehe xd

Don't the first check end up being next to nothing with all the dues and initiation fees taken out?

My first check was my orientation check(~$25). That's all I was given after working my first week, then the next week I got my first actual check. I'm confused as :censored2: so I guess i'm gonna have to ask and make an ass out of myself

rod

Retired 22 years
My first check was my orientation check(~$25). That's all I was given after working my first week, then the next week I got my first actual check. I'm confused as :censored2: so I guess i'm gonna have to ask and make an ass out of myself

Go for it--------we all do

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
That's insane. Everyone from all counties/cities were cut off today.

I meant to say that I worked Tuesday. Everyone here was off Monday. It's more of use a helper as needed now. Some helpers will work in January too. But once again only as it is needed. It all depends on what kind of a load the driver ends up getting.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Congrats to the op for tracking your hours. I worked with people who never got in the habit and lost pay due to some oms recoding their time cards or other unexplained payroll error.

If you have done a fair job, you should be able to line them up with your actual checks to see what's missing.

If you're actually missing your first work week, then there'd be a one week time gap between your orientation check and the second check, I'd think.

Don't worry about looking bad for asking. The reason you're working is to get paid. If you're not paid correctly, the deal is no longer fair.