Seat belts.........

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I did ironically until I started driving the brown truck. Now I find myself often not wearing one in my personal car after putting it on and taking it off so many times all day. I do when my kids are in the car always to set an example.

S

serenity now

I did ironically until I started driving the brown truck. Now I find myself often not wearing one in my personal car after putting it on and taking it off so many times all day. I do when my kids are in the car always to set an example.

as you certainly should; that's why i specified alone

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not wearing a seat belt in any vehicle is just plain stupid. Doesn't matter who is with or not with you. You are just a flying piece of junk in a wreck and the seat belt will hold you in place.

Hubby knew a C.H.I.P. who said he never unbuckled a dead man from a seat belt in his career.

Don't be stupid. The accident you are in may not be your fault......it'll be some idiot when you least expect it!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I agree seat belts should always be worn. I was just saying I often find myself not doing it in my personal car since becoming a driver but it is not intentional or some kind of rebellion. I know I need to focus on getting back to always wearing it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Always.Feel weird without it. Hard to imagine driving around my dad's 1960 D100 without them.Different times.I nearly got killed in the very same truck as a toddler when I ricochceted off the all steel dash when somebody pulled out in front and he dynamited the brakes.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I always have since I was a kid. However, now as I am a wee bit older I sometimes pop it off when I'm inside my development. I always wear it when I'm driving at ANY kind of real speed, though.

ManInBrown

When I was younger I rarely wore my seat belt. As I got older I put it on more often. Then 5 years ago I was in a horrible accident. Someone pulled right out in front of me from a side street when I was almost right on top of them. Full impact driving at about 40 MPH. I had the belt on thankfully. If I didn't have it on there isn't a doubt in my mind I would be dead. Now it goes on every time. Cant even drive without it. It feels weird

Necropostophiliac

Always now days when I am alone and any passengers will wear them or walk.

The older cars did not have them, very scary when I think about it.

My 1964 4-door Belair had lap belts in the front, none in the rear.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've always worn my seatbelt since I was a little kid. Even when my dad, who was a State Trooper, didn't. He finally did after me bugging him enough. Putting on a seatbelt is a habit I got into long before I started at UPS and will continue to be one until the day I die (hopefully not in a car accident)

I've always worn my seatbelt since I was a little kid. Even when my dad, who was a State Trooper, didn't. He finally did after me bugging him enough. Putting on a seatbelt is a habit I got into long before I started at UPS and will continue to be one until the day I die (hopefully not in a car accident)
That's not the only bad habit you have!!! While driving!!!!! I don't think your seatbelt will help.

texan

Everytime I start the ignition.

Feel naked without it on.

:nono2:Those who do not wear it each time they drive, I just do not understand what they think.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always wear a seatbelt----and I wear a helmet while riding my motorcycle. That being said I'm also a firm believer in a persons right to not wear one if the choose so.