Seattle Huge Soda Tax-Will It Work?

Sick leave that is 50% more generous than what ups offers. A driver used to get 40 hours. Now they get about 100 when you add the two. You can buy a lot of soda with 60 extra hours of pay.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
51233AF7-3AED-427D-B754-15BE990257C7.gif

It’s all a conspiracy by these folks

Trying to corner the soda market

Lots of lawmakers stand to make big $$

Babagounj

Strength through joy
After Seattle soda tax, Costco says case of Gatorade costs $26.33 instead of $15.99

Costco has adopted a novel way to show its objection to a new soda tax in Seattle: It’s telling customers just how much the tax will cost and encouraging them to buy soft drinks outside the city.

The city recently enacted a tax of 1.75 cents an ounce on surgary beverages. The result: A case of Gatorade that used to cost $15.99 now costs $26.33 — a 65% markup.

And a case of Dr. Pepper now costs $17.55 instead of $9.99, according to Costco. That’s a 76% surcharge.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
After Seattle soda tax, Costco says case of Gatorade costs $26.33 instead of $15.99

Costco has adopted a novel way to show its objection to a new soda tax in Seattle: It’s telling customers just how much the tax will cost and encouraging them to buy soft drinks outside the city.

The city recently enacted a tax of 1.75 cents an ounce on surgary beverages. The result: A case of Gatorade that used to cost $15.99 now costs $26.33 — a 65% markup.

And a case of Dr. Pepper now costs $17.55 instead of $9.99, according to Costco. That’s a 76% surcharge.
And if I bought sodas for my house, which I don’t, I’d drive out of the city to buy them just for principle and because I’m stubborn. Lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Liberals...lol

Can beverage places outside the city deliver?

How about fountain soda from fast food places and convenience stores?...taxed too?

Last edited: