Second Covid Pay?

Superteeth2478

I could swear that it could be paid out multiple times if you get it multiple times and provide proof. But I could see why it wouldn't.

meritocracy

My wife's boyfriend also works at UPS and he got covid a second time too. He said it's not a big deal it just feels like the flu so he kept working. His mom got it too around the same time and died though. One of the older people at our building got it too and died. RIP to them.

Brown Down

Dealing with this myself atm. The 10 days pay is set in stone, but it can be split up.
Case in point I was out 5 workingnfays last year with a negative test(was before rapid tests were a thing). I now have a possitive case and my BA and Stewart says I'm still able to.get the other 5 days of pay.
On a side note the lady on the 1800 number said that the company is reviewing the emergency pay with the delta variant. So there might be more pay coming in the future. Hope this helps.

AKCoverMan

Don’t have to necessarily have it to use leave. Two household members tested positive I had two negative tests but quarantined with them due to exposure. I got paid two weeks as did my sweetie who had it (both UPSers). If I do get it later I’ll be using regular sick leave unless UPS and IBT update their agreement.

JustDeliverIt

From what I’ve been told you get 10 days paid and it can be split between multiple occasions as long as you have a doctors note saying you must quarantine. If you use up the 10 days and are required to be out longer, you apply for short term disability and there is no one week waiting period. It kicks in as soon as your 10 days are up.