Second jobs?

Nildog

What type of second jobs did/do you guys hold as package handlers? I'm looking at a few different options, and I'm curious what other people have done.

UnionGuy

I used to work at Amazon P/T. I liked it at Amazon, it was a very chill place and the work wasn't as heavy as it is at UPS. Only reason I quit was because it interfered with school and because it was pretty far for me. Unless you have experience in office jobs or a trade, you're pretty much stuck working in warehouse environments. Why don't you try FedEx and try to move up within that company?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
You’re definitely not stuck in warehouses only. Some guys do landscaping. I know one who worked at a pizza place. Lots have gig jobs like Uber or whatever. Lots of options.

Cowboy Mac

I worked delivering pizzas for a while. Then I went to work at an electronics repair shop full time, UPS for the twilight shift. Then I would pick up shifts as a security guard on the weekend. I eventually quit the security gig and did side work for my boss at the electronics store. He owned a ranch and I would help him out with whatever he needed. Fencing, building sheds, moving dirt, clearing cedar, etc.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What type of second jobs did/do you guys hold as package handlers? I'm looking at a few different options, and I'm curious what other people have done.
We could work 6 days a week now if you want to. Too much overtime for me.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I had buddies in construction I would help in the daytime 3-5 days a week. Just as a laborer. Life is all about connections. Ask your friends, look around, be that annoying guy who comes in or calls asking for a job everyday.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
construction/lawn care....Exmark metro ( big boy stuff)
🧔✊

Last edited:

Real men work construction like us , half these wannabe big truck boys at work can’t even swing a hammer 😂
🧔✊
I never have to pay anybody to fix my :censored2: for me.I was a carpenter apprentice, roofing, siding and a lot of granite countertop piece pay jobs. Never great at any of it but I was a good hand. I’m just now tearing out the inside of my tiny garage to turn it into the football lair

Over70irregs

I never have to pay anybody to fix my * for me.I was a carpenter apprentice, roofing, siding and a lot of granite countertop piece pay jobs. Never great at any of it but I was a good hand. I’m just now tearing out the inside of my tiny garage to turn it into the football lair
I have work for you sir...lol

Last edited:

I have work for you sir...lol
The next 2-3 years of my life are friend’ed man. UPS driver by day, home remodeler by night and weekend. First house purchase and I’m living in it while I’m renovating. 7 mins from the center so it’s a pretty sweet deal for me
Getting the sports cave/future office done first so I can enjoy Sundays
Be careful what you wish for, sounded like a great idea at the time. Hard ass work. We are starting to lighten up though so once we get through Valentine’s Day I should have some easy days and more time.

PT Car Washer

Air exception driver if you have enough seniority. Some guys have turned it into a FT job. Also consider joining the National Guard. Bonus and you can make on a weekend drill what UPS pays for a week. Chances for extra days also.