Security at the guard shack demanding I open my bag for him

HijoDe

I use those small drawstring backpacks to throw my phone and keys in. Anyway I placed it on the table and the security officer whos on his phone demanded I "open it". I asked him if he has two hands and he said it's easier for him, then says to the person on the other end of the phone "no not you".

my question is who's job is to open it. is it my responsibility? what happens if I decline too.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
personally, I wouldn't want those guys touching any of my stuff. They actually check our lunch boxes and bags on the way in the building as well..Would you want them to run their hands through your food? Not this guy! I sure don't miss that now that I've retired. When there would be new guards, they would usually have attitudes. Once they got broken in, you could train *them*.

Cementups

Box Monkey
well it's his job to search the bag, why would I have to open it?

No, it's his job to make sure you don't have anything in the bag that's not supposed to be in it. He does that visually. Not with his hands.

Everyone else has to open their own bag. What makes you so friend'in special, princess?

HijoDe

No, it's his job to make sure you don't have anything in the bag that's not supposed to be in it. He does that visually. Not with his hands.

Everyone else has to open their own bag. What makes you so friend'in special, princess?

no not everyone else has to open their own bag because I witness it for myself.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
2014-06-18-22-43-20--1442027042.jpeg
WHAT'S IN THE BAG? WHAT'S IN THE BAAAAAAAAAG?!?!

livin the dream

the guard shack in my building is a joke. i always walk through the detector, always set it off, and even if the wand makes a noise they still let me go on through. my question is, it's obviously not a safety issue; does ups think the only thing i could possibly steal is made of metal? it seems like a charade.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The guards at my spot are pretty cool. They ask us to open it but they don't rifle through anything just look. Besides, it's a possible liability for them to open your bag. It's not a big deal for you that he doesn't seem to like his job open your bag let him look and get on with the cardboard.

I use those small drawstring backpacks to throw my phone and keys in. Anyway I placed it on the table and the security officer whos on his phone demanded I "open it". I asked him if he has two hands and he said it's easier for him, then says to the person on the other end of the phone "no not you".

my question is who's job is to open it. is it my responsibility? what happens if I decline too.

You really want someone touching your stuff? Open the GD bag and quit holding up the line for those of us who have our shiz together.