Security attempting to confiscate my earbuds

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I work preload as most of you know and my building recently started letting all employees bring in their phones which is cool so I started bringing in my wireless earbuds as well along with a usb backup battery. On the way in i open my lunch box and it's the usual protein powder peanut butter sandwiches and a can of tuna with my earbuds/charger laying right on top. Went on through guard checked my i.d. and said have a good day.

On the way out the same deal, this time the guard asks "what are those?" To which I respond oh just Bluetooth earbuds. He says I'm not allowed to bring those in. I said I was told I could. He asks who said that and I told him my boss said it was fine. He says "well your boss isn't security you need to go in and get a property pass for those." I said I can't do that today I'm going to be late for my 2nd job, besides they saw them on the way in and had no problem with it. he says the other guards might not have realized what they were looking at and that I needed to leave them with the guard check. I blatantly laughed and said nope and walked on out.

How much trouble you think I'm gonna be in tomorrow? Lol

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

Indecisi0n

Earbuds equals missorts.
I am all for loaders/workers right but honestly they shouldn't be allowed to use ear buds. Not only for misloads but also workers in trailers can't hear guys banging on trailer before they pull. More than once we had drivers pull doors with guys inside them.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
I am all for loaders/workers right but honestly they shouldn't be allowed to use ear buds. Not only for misloads but also workers in trailers can't hear guys banging on trailer before they pull. More than once we had drivers pull doors with guys inside them.
Drivers shouldn’t be pulling trailers off doors without visually confirming no ones in there and the door is shut.....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

You're already starting to sound like a cranky feeder driver !!!!

giphy.gif

Box Ox

Only using 1 earbud at all times worked well for me in preload. Covering both ears absolutely shouldn’t be allowed. Super dangerous.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You gonna get bitch slapped for this my friend

Box Ox

I put both in when I have to load a trailer and I can hear my female supe across the building

There will always be exceptions based on personal use. Volume, earbud type, etc. I’d rather go ahead and blanket ban covering both ears to be sure little Billy with the big earbuds can hear me tell him he’s about to lose his ass over an unsafe condition.