Security Gate Access App

Oldfart

I saw a news story on the local news this past weekend about a pizza delivery person who downloaded a YELP app on his cell phone to gain access into security gates equipped with the YELP feature. I tried it and it did indeed work. Has anyone tried that trick to get past the security gates that we don't have access codes to?

MAKAVELI

Dream on bubba. Do you not use gate codes?

Manager had me show my workgroup the app to use. The news story was the talk of the meeting.
A word to the wise. If a customer doesn't give you a code, it's for a reason. You just might end up on the news if you continue to use an app to bypass the security code.:happy2:

Oldfart

A word to the wise. If a customer doesn't give you a code, it's for a reason. You just might end up on the news if you continue to use an app to bypass the security code.:happy2:
Many of my codes came from UPS, Ground and USPS. We all share our codes. Cant help it if you dont play well with others. Bummer

MAKAVELI

Many of my codes came from UPS, Ground and USPS. We all share our codes. Cant help it if you dont play well with others. Bummer
Using a code is one thing. Using an app that uses a feature that is for emergency responders only is totally different. Too bad you don't know the difference. Bummer....

Oldfart

Using a code is one thing. Using an app that uses a feature that is for emergency responders only is totally different. Too bad you don't know the difference. Bummer....
Don't be a hater. Management liked the idea. Can't help it if management doesn't care for you or your ideas. Bummer

vantexan

Don't be a hater. Management liked the idea. Can't help it if management doesn't care for you or your ideas. Bummer
Management is all for anything that'll get the job done faster as long as it doesn't come back on them if it blows up in your face. And they won't know you if it does.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How will a single homeowner in a gated community know whether you actually had the entry code or were using a "management approved" app to gain entry? 99.99% of them would be grateful that you made the effort to deliver their stuff. There would be the .01% that may call in a concern.

Now, if you were using the app on your personal time.........

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How will a single homeowner in a gated community know whether you actually had the entry code or were using a "management approved" app to gain entry? 99.99% of them would be grateful that you made the effort to deliver their stuff. There would be the .01% that may call in a concern.

If they wanted you in there, you or a fellow driver would already have the code.

MAKAVELI

Most new systems are able to record what codes are used and many have specific codes for deliveries.

Oldfart

Maybe the homeowner just doesn't want those 2 in their community. Can't say I don't blame them. Miserable people are no fun to be around.

Oldfart

Management is all for anything that'll get the job done faster as long as it doesn't come back on them if it blows up in your face. And they won't know you if it does.
Managers just didn't like you. They were wise people for sure. If the manager talks about it in front of the entire work group and has me show them, no hiding their approval.