Seeking info on tasks/work duties on Pre Load shift

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MKJ, Oct 27, 2019.

1. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Looking for information about what positions/tasks there are on the Preload Shift (3am-830am) Thanks

2. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

You do the preload.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Unloading trailers, loading cars, processing smalls bags, doing clerk work, spa'ing (labeling) packages.

4. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Thanks, I'm asking because on Amazon's nite shift, Sort Shift, there are several jobs/tasks needed during the shift, from Unloaders (unload pkgs off tractor trailer to conveyor belt), Inducters (put route stickers on PKGs), Organizers (directed pkgs to correct section/conveyor belt), Pickers (removed pkgs off conveyer belt to correct aisle), Stowers (scanned PKGs into bags for drivers), Problem Solve (dealt with broken merchandise/boxes, etc), just wondering if there are other tasks/positions besides loading trucks during the shift...

5. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Thanks Rack em

6. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

You pick things up, you put things down... sometimes you put them in the right place.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

UPS is :censored2:ty about this. Job description says 3 to 830. You might be coming in as early as 11pm during peak. Preload is rarely done at 830 here. Its generally around 910-915. During peak you could be getting around 8 hours a day. After peak you may be getting as little as 3.5. I wish UPS was more upfront about the schedule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Thanks for info about scheduling. So basically it's loading the UPS vans, getting them ready for drivers... whatever needs to be done, with 'goal to put in right place'. I've got a year at Amazon, hoping all will go well, just keep busy, and do what I can.

9. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Just did group tour of UPS with HR.. Wow, ater seeing inside at 6am, Amazon delivery center is night and day to here, Amazon is like pre-school, and UPS like grad school. Hats off to all of you who have worked here! There we get free vests, gloves, glasses, box cutters out of Grainger vending machine, here you have to supply your own. From what I know, and have seen, Amazon is light years away from ever being anywhere close to the delivery capacity and capabilities of UPS. As far as scheduling, person never mentioned coming in early or leaving late on shift, kept to script of, come in around 3, leave at 830.. so thanks for the heads up on potential during Peak season.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  10. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Masked and ready

you're the backbone of the drivers. Ergo, you get yelled at for your PPH, get no help, and hate the job until you get 6 months in and move out.
    [​IMG]
    Joo :censored2:ed up, mang.

11. Elmo.goes.to.prom

Elmo.goes.to.prom Active Member

You show up when they tell you to show up.
    Work as directed.
    Leave when they tell you to leave.
    Get paid at the end of the week.

12. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

yes we load vans

13. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Thanks for the info

14. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

15. Unload trailers and load package cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Redtag

Redtag Part on order, ok to drive

I think face tattoos are required to get hired for the preload in my hub these days. Maybe just having one on your neck above the collar line will suffice but I am not sure.