Seems FedEx is this years late delivery headline maker

Box Ox

Not surprised. A pretty big customer told me today that UPS has been far more reliable this season. Hadn't heard of FedEx having problems until now.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Got a My Choice notice yesterday morning that I was to expect a parcel delivery by end of day Wednesday. Later in the afternoon I received another notice that service would not be made Wednesday and would be delivered Thursday. I was pissed! :-)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not surprised. A pretty big customer told me today that UPS has been far more reliable this season. Hadn't heard of FedEx having problems until now.
If I had to guess Fred has some big media in his back pocket.

An overwhelming amount of my stuff had come ups. Like 90% probably. It's all been delivered on time in great shape.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have no idea if you're serious but to your question. HELL NO!!!!!!

No one uses Orion during peak so it makes no difference at all.

There's a few differences I saw this peak.

Number one and most noticeable we advanced a ton of volume over the weekends. Monday's and Tuesday's were very heavy. The rest of the week was very light. Had we had problems early in the week we would of had 3 days to clean stuff up.

Two the weather was amazing.

Three happened this week. Monday or Tuesday Louisville didn't get everything processed. I'm sure management was freaking out. Planes can only take off every so often. So it's not a simple matter of hiring more staff to process in the buildings or starting earlier. Someone made the call to truck as much air as possible to its final destination the rest of this week. Now I'm sure most of this work was done by outside contractors but it worked. For the first time in years all of our air was there and processed by 9:30.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't have to justify it to me. I think you guys earn every penny. I just found it humorous. My top guy did 318 stops in 9 hours yesterday with a helper. And that guy is bitching about 100? Please
That's why UPS has nothing to fear. Their market share is 100% safe... (lol).

JL 0513

Talked to a ground guy yesterday saying he had 100 total res stops and he couldn't figure out how it would be possible to get it all done.

Couldn't help but laugh

Yeah, and yet I rarely see a FedEx ground truck after around 6pm.

As for stop count, no doubt they do much less. Although this is partly due to them being more spread out. UPS delivers much more residential than FedEx so our stops are tighter.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Don't have to justify it to me. I think you guys earn every penny. I just found it humorous. My top guy did 318 stops in 9 hours yesterday with a helper. And that guy is bitching about 100? Please

The problem is that the FedEx Ground guy has a bigger area to cover. More miles.

We have 10 trucks doing the same area that FedEx has 1 truck in.

That 318 stop guy you had probably only drove 80 miles.

The FedEx ground guy has to drive 300 miles for his 100 stops.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I saw a Fedex Air, Fedex Ground, and a Fedex Home Delivery van delivering to the same house one day. in my area, they all run out of completely different buildings. If they ever combine all three into the same network at their pay levels, UPS will be in serious trouble.