Selling stock advice

Shift

I have 43.5 shares of class A stock($5000). My 1st question is will i be able to sell my shares after the 2 year mark or will i need more shares. I should have 50 shares by april which will complete my 2 year waiting period from computer share. Question 2 how much of my money will i receive if I sell early. I heard they penalize you a certain amount. Question 3 how much is the early sell penalty and odd they penalize the gains only or the amount you personally invest.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I have 43.5 shares of class A stock($5000). My 1st question is will i be able to sell my shares after the 2 year mark or will i need more shares. I should have 50 shares by april which will complete my 2 year waiting period from computer share. Question 2 how much of my money will i receive if I sell early. I heard they penalize you a certain amount. Question 3 how much is the early sell penalty and odd they penalize the gains only or the amount you personally invest.

There is no penalty for early sell. You can't sells before 2 years because you got an employee discount on it. If you have less than 100 shares you have to convert them from A to B shares in order to sell them

Shift

There is no penalty for early sell. You can't sells before 2 years because you got an employee discount on it. If you have less than 100 shares you have to convert them from A to B shares in order to sell them
How do you transfer them from class A to class B and will you lose the discount by doing so

Turdferguson

Just a turd
How do you transfer them from class A to class B and will you lose the discount by doing so
No you don't lose your discount for that. You have to download the forms from the site fill them out ,get a medallion signature( from your bank) and mail them back in. Whole process takes about two weeks

My experience was. You have to sell in 100 share blocks. If you have less than 100 shares, you must sell all of them.
You cannot roll your shares in your own brokerage account until after the 2 years have passed. If you roll them into another account, they will convert them to class B
Shares.

Shift

No you don't lose your discount for that. You have to download the forms from the site fill them out ,get a medallion signature( from your bank) and mail them back in. Whole process takes about two weeks
OK cool thanks man where can I find this information I haven't seen it on the computer share website.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
OK cool thanks man where can I find this information I haven't seen it on the computer share website.
Also ignore anyone who chimes in that they just do it online....they have more than 100 shares and everyone of these threads they chime in with that little tidbit

Turdferguson

Just a turd
2018-02-04_20.44.49.jpg

Shift

Also ignore anyone who chimes in that they just do it online....they have more than 100 shares and everyone of these threads they chime in with that little tidbit
OK cool thanks I asked a few of the guys at work a while back and they all kept telling me that I would get penalized like 30 or 40 percent and then have to to pay taxes after that on everything I I invested plus the gains so I may just go for it and sell before the shares drop even further

Turdferguson

Just a turd
OK cool thanks I asked a few of the guys at work a while back and they all kept telling me that I would get penalized like 30 or 40 percent and then have to to pay taxes after that on everything I I invested plus the gains so I may just go for it and sell before the shares drop even further
That is on your 401k, not your UPS stock