Selling The Lie That FedEx Is an "Airline"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do the math. FedEx has approximately 351 aircraft in it's fleet and approximately 70,000 delivery vehicles. This number is approximate because new aircraft are coming into the fleet and additional aircraft are either being retired or mothballed to the desert.

Ever notice the not so subtle shift in language during company videos? Both FrontLine and UpClose talking heads now use the specific word "airline" to describe operations, something they've never done before. Hmm, wonder why that is?

More evidence that FedEx Express is a delivery company with airplanes and not an "airline" with trucks. Further evidence could be gained in breaking-down the total number of employees (approximately 275,000) by task. The vast majority of employees have absolutely nothing to do with air operations. Many never see a FedEx aircraft except in company videos or literature.

A gigantic effing lie. Apparently, many of our Senators are also math and logic-challenged. Not many are color-blind, because they clearly understand the color green.

The Mayor

:angry:
Do the math. FedEx has approximately 351 aircraft in it's fleet and approximately 70,000 delivery vehicles. This number is approximate because new aircraft are coming into the fleet and additional aircraft are either being retired or mothballed to the desert.

Ever notice the not so subtle shift in language during company videos? Both FrontLine and UpClose talking heads now use the specific word "airline" to describe operations, something they've never done before. Hmm, wonder why that is?

More evidence that FedEx Express is a delivery company with airplanes and not an "airline" with trucks. Further evidence could be gained in breaking-down the total number of employees (approximately 275,000) by task. The vast majority of employees have absolutely nothing to do with air operations. Many never see a FedEx aircraft except in company videos or literature.

A gigantic effing lie. Apparently, many of our Senators are also math and logic-challenged. Not many are color-blind, because they clearly understand the color green.

Don't kid yourself, all of those MF'ers know how to add all of those 100's together..

bbsam

Staff member
I'm really beginning to feel sorry for you guys. Day in, day out, airline this, FAA that. Just tell me your home life is more rewarding than this Quixotic Quest. Life's too short. Let's start discussing the possibilities of fusion reactors in our back yard. More feasible.

vantexan

I'm really beginning to feel sorry for you guys. Day in, day out, airline this, FAA that. Just tell me your home life is more rewarding than this Quixotic Quest. Life's too short. Let's start discussing the possibilities of fusion reactors in our back yard. More feasible.

That's just it, living paycheck to paycheck, home life sucks, I've got nowhere else to go. :sleeping2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It isn't Quixotic if we win or educate those intoxicated with the Kool-Aid.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

But yet you continue to hang around here. Why?

You clearly must enjoy it.

bbsam

Staff member
But yet you continue to hang around here. Why?

You clearly must enjoy it.

Oh, yes, I do enjoy it. I guess the intrigue is beginning to wane. Like watching a lop-sided football game. I'd prefer a good game, but it is what it is and I'd rather watch a bad game than no game at all.

Cactus

Oh, yes, I do enjoy it. I guess the intrigue is beginning to wane. Like watching a lop-sided football game. I'd prefer a good game, but it is what it is and I'd rather watch a bad game than no game at all.

Ok then, whine on!

Cactus

Now if that's not the pot calling the kettle.

And you're doing a real fine job of it.

You moan and groan about everything MrFedEx writes about but you're certainly there for the play by play, scrutinizing every word.

Don't you have IC's too oversee or something? Or do they have great difficulty in getting you to answer their phone calls?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You moan and groan about everything MrFedEx writes about but you're certainly there for the play by play, scrutinizing every word.

Don't you have IC's too oversee or something? Or do they have great difficulty in getting you to answer their phone calls?

All of the logistics are handled by the FedEx Corporation. The "IC's" are just there to make it all look legitimate.

bbsam

Staff member

Um...I am an IC. Why would I not answer my phone?

FedExer267

Hells Bells my IC never answers his phone. If I breakdown I will have to a cab back to the building. Hard to get service when your kicking it on the golf course spending our long overdue raises. LMAO

Cactus

Hells Bells my IC never answers his phone. If I breakdown I will have to a cab back to the building. Hard to get service when your kicking it on the golf course spending our long overdue raises. LMAO

Managers at express are dodging more phone calls than ever.

FedExer267

Funny thing is FedEx calls us more than our IC. Always to go back here or meet customer it has gotten to the point where alot of drivers dont answer their phones anymore. We dont get enough pay to pay the bills we have we don't need them blowing up our minutes. I don't remember it being mandatory for us to have a phone for FedEx to get a hold of us when their is a issue. Funny thing is before they changed our employee cards we got discounts from our providers now we dont. So unless they want to supply us with a phone we will continue not to answer. I don't make enough money for them to blow up my line everyday and seriously they call all the time always wanting something. They try and run us like we are Employees and until they recognize us as employees i will continue not to answer my phone. Thats just the way it is.