Sen Rockefeller: Union-Backed FedEx Bill Won't Pass

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sen Rockefeller: Union-Backed FedEx Bill Won't Pass - Smart Money

Proposed U.S. legislation to make it easier to unionize at FedEx Corp. (FDX) has no chance of clearing Congress, a top Senate Democrat said Thursday, dealing a blow to an intense lobbying campaign waged by rival United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters union.

"I know perfectly well if I put that in the bill ... it's not going to pass," Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John D. Rockefeller (D., W.Va.) said in a brief interview with Dow Jones Newswires.

UPS, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and other major unions have spent the past year pushing for the provision to be included in a far-reaching aviation bill that would also raise safety standards in the airline industry and fund the Federal Aviation Administration. FedEx has strongly opposed the measure, saying it would severely disrupt its air-service business.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Sen Rockefeller: Union-Backed FedEx Bill Won't Pass - Smart Money

Proposed U.S. legislation to make it easier to unionize at FedEx Corp. (FDX) has no chance of clearing Congress, a top Senate Democrat said Thursday, dealing a blow to an intense lobbying campaign waged by rival United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters union.

"I know perfectly well if I put that in the bill ... it's not going to pass," Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John D. Rockefeller (D., W.Va.) said in a brief interview with Dow Jones Newswires.

UPS, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and other major unions have spent the past year pushing for the provision to be included in a far-reaching aviation bill that would also raise safety standards in the airline industry and fund the Federal Aviation Administration. FedEx has strongly opposed the measure, saying it would severely disrupt its air-service business.

It's time to get involved again my fellow Teamster brothers and Sisters. Everyone send an E-mail to Mr. Rockefeller stating your opinion on this matter, maybe we can get some action. He stated he believes in the legislation with the Fed-Ex language in it, but fears a fillibuster. Lets give him the motivation to give it a shot!!!

bbsam

Staff member
It's time to get involved again my fellow Teamster brothers and Sisters. Everyone send an E-mail to Mr. Rockefeller stating your opinion on this matter, maybe we can get some action. He stated he believes in the legislation with the Fed-Ex language in it, but fears a fillibuster. Lets give him the motivation to give it a shot!!!
He's probably not the senator you need to contact.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
you need to contact your own state senator

I have but senator Rockefeller is the haed of the comittee negotiating this bill between the House and Senate. If he thinks it's a loser and that no one care why even try to include the language. If he gets a few thousand reminders that people are watching it may help his decision making process.