Senator Byrd

diesel96

you guys are "B A R B A R I C".....Let that word resound ! From hill to hill..and from mountain to mountain...from valley to valley...across this broad land..."B A R B A R I C"....May God HELP you poor souls....:wink2:

[video=youtube;-V95eGgZbrU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V95eGgZbrU[/video]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

term limits ?

This may not be a bad idea. A politician who knows that he is not coming back for another term may be more inclined to vote with his conscience rather than with an eye on his polling numbers.

Gov. David Patterson of New York is not running for re-election in the fall. He is governing like a man who doesn't care about his political future. It is refreshing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That kind of works both ways.....like Stupak when he folded on his firm anti abortion beliefs. Sometimes they will not fight so hard when they are not coming back.

diesel96

This may not be a bad idea. A politician who knows that he is not coming back for another term may be more inclined to vote with his conscience rather than with an eye on his polling numbers.

Gov. David Patterson of New York is not running for re-election in the fall. He is governing like a man who doesn't care about his political future. It is refreshing.

I wasn't aware that Gov patterson ever kept an eye on his polling numbers.....:closedeye

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wasn't aware that Gov patterson ever kept an eye on his polling numbers.....:closedeye
"B A R B A R I C".....Let that word resound ! From hill to hill..and from mountain to mountain...from valley to valley...across this broad land..."B A R B A R I C"....May God HELP...... those poor souls....:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Wow. Some of you guys take this politics thing too far. Or maybe you're just a**h****. Gary Coleman gets more respect.

diesel96

Wow. Some of you guys take this politics thing too far. Or maybe you're just a**h****. Gary Coleman gets more respect.

Our Rep-Cons friends only look thru a political prism.....Byrd, Once a Rep and a KKK member (somehow those two mentioned go hand in hand), however he saw the light and broke loose from the dark side and has been an advocate for the working class people of his state and this nation.....that just irks Republicans !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just like teddy, he knew his time was running out, but he would not give up his tittle. They both have screwed over their citizens even in death, byrd's replacement can not be voted on until 2012.

tieguy

Banned
you guys are "B A R B A R I C".....Let that word resound ! Frskom hill to hill..and from mountain to mountain...from valley to valley...across this broad land..."B A R B A R I C"....May God HELP you poor souls....:wink2:

[video=youtube;-V95eGgZbrU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V95eGgZbrU[/video]

another devil has died , the rightous are celebrating and you ask god to help me.

byrd to me epitomizes everything wrong with politics. He joined the klan when politically expedient to do so, he became a civil rights advocate when politically expedient to do so, he garned huge pork barrel projects for a little piss ant state that would never give us any kind of ROI, he hung on to a job in congress until it left his cold dead fingers. I'm supposed to now say something nice about the guy when he is one of the reasons this country is so screwed up?

hell ted kennedy and byrd dying within a year of each other is a gift.