Senior driver wants to bump me off my bid route

mdk2176

I have a bid route. A driver with more seniorty wants to bump me off my route when his bid route is not In. Typically only mondays. Can he do this? Our route territories touch and get intermingled based on volume. When his route is in I lose my pickups to him. When his route is in I get cuts off of his route. Basically my territory grew by stops and volume so they added his bid route.

OKLABob

No he can’t bump you if his route isn’t in he goes unassigned for the day or however long his route is out. Maybe he shouldn’t bid a route that isn’t gonna be in everyday if they let him bump you I would file.

Poop Head

Judge me.
No he can’t bump you if his route isn’t in he goes unassigned for the day or however long his route is out. Maybe he shouldn’t bid a route that isn’t gonna be in everyday if they let him bump you I would file.
Not here. If you have seniority, you can follow "your work" when your route is cut.

Up In Smoke

In the Central I believe the language states: If a route is broken and given to only two areas, the driver who's route was broken may follow the larger portion of his work ( del stops only) where seniority permits. If the route is broken and placed in more than two areas the driver may follow any portion that seniority permits.

542thruNthru

I have a bid route. A driver with more seniorty wants to bump me off my route when his bid route is not In. Typically only mondays. Can he do this? Our route territories touch and get intermingled based on volume. When his route is in I lose my pickups to him. When his route is in I get cuts off of his route. Basically my territory grew by stops and volume so they added his bid route.

You're not going to get a accurate answer if we do not know what supplmental/rider you're under.

542thruNthru

Where does this say this in the union book?
Screenshot_20200305-202619_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

You're in the central region supplement. Download it and the National Master Agreement (NMA) here so that you always have it on you.
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

Up In Smoke

Close, but no cigar.

You need to remove "where seniority permits"
Please explain. I believe if your area is broken and split between two other areas, you may only follow the larger portion if your seniority allows. Meaning you have more seniority than the driver where your work went.