Seniority after peak - On topic please

brownIEman

Why do you assume the OP is an off the street, nonseniority employee?

Isn't it possible that they are a part time employee trying to qualify as a package car driver?

Either way, my point was that nobody can file a valid grievance before the Company actually violates the contract.

~Bbbl~™

True, but they try. Every. Single. Day.

Had a steward try to file on me one time for moving an over 150lbs found in the operation. She filed a supervisor doing bargaining unit work grievance, for work that the contract specifically says I cannot even ASK a bargaining unit employee to do.

Just think on that for a sec.

allahuakbar

She/Her
If they decide to keep you you’ll probably have to do another 30 days. There’s a guy in my building they’re letting him do 14 days but they’re pushing him trough.

So... I did my additional days after peak and spoke to the steward yesterday. He said that if my count was correct then I'm good. How will I know when the union recognizes that I have seniority? They still have not taken any $$$ for the initiation fee (I know they didn't forget).

542thruNthru

So... I did my additional days after peak and spoke to the steward yesterday. He said that if my count was correct then I'm good. How will I know when the union recognizes that I have seniority? They still have not taken any $$$ for the initiation fee (I know they didn't forget).

Just keep working till you hit 30 working days after Jan 10th. At that point I would contract the union about dues/initiation fees.

542thruNthru

Why do you assume the OP is an off the street, nonseniority employee?

Isn't it possible that they are a part time employee trying to qualify as a package car driver?

Either way, my point was that nobody can file a valid grievance before the Company actually violates the contract.

~Bbbl~™

He's asking about paying initiation fees. We only pay initiation fees once in my local so I'm also assuming he's a off the street.

Do you guys have to pay when you're PT and when you go driving?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He's asking about paying initiation fees. We only pay initiation fees once in my local so I'm also assuming he's a off the street.
He's asking about initiation fees now, but wasn't when I posted that.

.....but it does appear now that this is an off street hire.
Do you guys have to pay when you're PT and when you go driving?
Nope, one time initiation fee here as well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree with your Steward that if your day count is correct you're good, but think that you should be more concerned with whether the Company recognizes you as a seniority employee and is making contributions to H&W and the pension on your behalf.

The Local will come after the initiation fee and dues as soon as that happens.

Oh yeah, and congratulations!!!!