Seniority Date was Wrong

DRporch

so as of a month ago i transferred buildings, in doing so i found out today they messed up my seniority date by an entire year and had me at the bottom. so iv sat this entire month not working.

supervisor is one of those guys who will text you if you work or not so throughout the month i have asked and i also haven't even texted knowing he would text me.(i believe this will matter in the actual hearing?)

what would you do?

the 2 reasons im actually Iffy on filing is the fact i dont want to already piss management off. and i also believe that if i do file will they need the proof i asked if i was working everyday. the supervisor sends texts if we are working and if we are on call. i knew this going in as we worked together when i started.

what are your thoughts other then me taking a month to decide what to do.

i was just doing my side jobs until they ran out

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
so as of a month ago i transferred buildings, in doing so i found out today they messed up my seniority date by an entire year and had me at the bottom. so iv sat this entire month not working.

supervisor is one of those guys who will text you if you work or not so throughout the month i have asked and i also haven't even texted knowing he would text me.(i believe this will matter in the actual hearing?)

what would you do?

the 2 reasons im actually Iffy on filing is the fact i dont want to already piss management off. and i also believe that if i do file will they need the proof i asked if i was working everyday. the supervisor sends texts if we are working and if we are on call. i knew this going in as we worked together when i started.

what are your thoughts other then me taking a month to decide what to do.

i was just doing my side jobs until they ran out

Do you pay union dues?

Box Ox

Voluntary or forced transfer? I'd expect to be at the bottom of building seniority under a voluntary. Think company and building seniority can be two different things. Maybe some wires got crossed with that?

DRporch

i am apart of the union, and in my area when i voluntary transfer my driver seniority transfers with it. so with my seniority id bump 30 drivers where as where they had me i bumped 1.

DRporch

i intend on calling tomorrow but was more so looking for opinions on filing vs not filing for fear of management making my life hell from filing

542thruNthru

i intend on calling tomorrow but was more so looking for opinions on filing vs not filing for fear of management making my life hell from filing

I wouldn't file. Oh and while you're at it don't speak unless spoken to. Also make sure your center manager shoes are shined everyday before you leave the building. Don't forget to also flinch away when he walks by you.

Just looking out for you. I wouldn't want him to get upset and make your life hell. Good luck.

i am apart of the union, and in my area when i voluntary transfer my driver seniority transfers with it. so with my seniority id bump 30 drivers where as where they had me i bumped 1.
So you knew your driving seniority was above 30 drivers. Then 30 days later you want to complain? Do you have a copy of your transfer language? Does your language say dovetail or endtail?

DRporch

my language dovetails it doesn't endtail originally i gave them a week to get situated and then i just took the time off and did side jobs just waiting wasnt a worry to me right away.

my language dovetails it doesn't endtail originally i gave them a week to get situated and then i just took the time off and did side jobs just waiting wasnt a worry to me right away.
Why do you think your mgmt thought that it entailed?

What is the end result you are looking for?

DRporch

he didn't he put 2017 as my seniority date when its really 2016 and he said "i thought you said 2017 was your date" it wasnt a matter of endtail he just put the wrong year and i really dont know... its money i could take for their mistake.

he didn't he put 2017 as my seniority date when its really 2016 and he said "i thought you said 2017 was your date" it wasnt a matter of endtail he just put the wrong year and i really dont know... its money i could take for their mistake.
So the issue is that nobody confirmed your seniority date with hr. You might end up finding out that you didn’t have the seniority to transfer.

542thruNthru

So the issue is that nobody confirmed your seniority date with hr. You might end up finding out that you didn’t have the seniority to transfer.

I don't think that will be the case since they had him as 2017 when he's actually 2016 so if anything he has more seniority then they thought.

542thruNthru

Why would a bldg take a transfer when they already have a driver with a long term layoff.

I might be missing something. He said earlier that his actual seniority date puts him ahead of 30 drivers. They have his seniority date off by a whole year.

DRporch

been a driver since 2016 in my old building. filed for a transfer, it went through in February 2018. my real seniority date is in 2016 they put it in their "scheduling book" as 2017

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

been a driver since 2016 in my old building. filed for a transfer, it went through in February 2018. my real seniority date is in 2016 they put it in their "scheduling book" as 2017

Your company seniority remains the same; however, your building seniority would be the date that you started in your new center.

I might be missing something. He said earlier that his actual seniority date puts him ahead of 30 drivers. They have his seniority date off by a whole year.
He did say that. He also said that he was put second from the bottom. So a driver was more than likely laid off before he got there.