Seniority date

ItsBritney

I've looked through the union book but couldn't find the section that states what you're seniority date is. Could anyone help me locate it?

I started early June as a seasonal, started in September for my 30, passed. I have worked EVERY WEEK since I started back in June.

Thanks!

WTFm8

Your seniority date is on the seniority list that should be posted on the union board in your center.

Took almost a year for them to post an updated one at my building and they have 5+ driver seniority wrong.

Grievances filed for a corrected one 4 months ago but still not posted and drivers called in out of list seniority instead of correct seniority.

1 persons has been listed behind another since the start (started a week prior) and has filed for seniority violation and payment for every day the higher listed drove and they didn’t.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Took almost a year for them to post an updated one at my building and they have 5+ driver seniority wrong.

Grievances filed for a corrected one 4 months ago but still not posted and drivers called in out of list seniority instead of correct seniority.

1 persons has been listed behind another since the start (started a week prior) and has filed for seniority violation and payment for every day the higher listed drove and they didn’t.
I don't know what to say to that besides keep filing the grievances. Something like that HAS to be fixed!

clean hairy

I've looked through the union book but couldn't find the section that states what you're seniority date is. Could anyone help me locate it?

I started early June as a seasonal, started in September for my 30, passed. I have worked EVERY WEEK since I started back in June.

Thanks!
You want a date with a person who has seniority?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Thanks!

Seasonal employees don't earn time towards seniority. Again, this should be covered by your supplement or rider.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Thanks!
That June date will be company time for vacations and the date you joined the union will be your senority date.

That's how we do it here anyway.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Your seniority is the first day you turned key in probation. Your peak employment doesn’t count towards seniority. I’m in Nor Cal and this understanding has caused many issues in regards to confusion.

Speak to your steward and ask for the two of you to sit down with HR and have them look you up in GEMS, your entire employment history will be there for you to see.

D

Deleted member 77202

In my Eastern state, I received a letter from the Teamsters congratulating me on achieving seniority.

I received this letter after I worked 30 days (which, in my case, took ten weeks from my first day of work, however, if you worked everyday -- a five-day work week -- it would take a minimum of six weeks to get your 30 days) AND after I paid the full union initiation fee.

The date I was hired (I mean the day I met with the human resources person and filled out my W-4 form, etc.) was not my seniority date, the first day I answered my telephone and said yes I will come into work today to the Supervisor who was going down thru his list of new hires and trying to get someone to come in at a moment's notice was the seniority date on my congratulations letter.

D

Deleted member 77202

Forgot to tell ya that in my area, if you were hired and/or worked only during the months of November, December, or January, you are a temporary employee and absolutely nothing you do counts toward or guarantees anything about you getting hired.
(This is written in the union book I received.)

Cowanp

Thanks!
I started September 23-2019. I worked 21 days before November 1st. Was hired in January 15...... what should be my seniority date for bidding jobs???? Please help

barnyard

KTM rider
Right now it's in June but they said its changing to September.
Correct. Your hire date is in June, your seniority date will be the 1st day after the free period ended for the summer. I also started in June (23 years ago,) my seniority date is September 7, the day after Labor Day from that year.

My center prints up a seniority list once a year, when vacation pics are all done.