Seniority date

Eastcoaster

First off I’d like to say hello , first post , but have always read many posts here the last few years .

I’ll try to be clear as possible . I am apart of the New England supplement. I as far as I knew made seniority 6/25/18. As stated in the contract chapter 41, section 1 . Anyone hired before August 1,2018 Shall receive raises as followed ;;; .75 2019 ; .80 2020 ; ect;

anyone hired after August 1 , 2018 will not receive these raises and will be on the new contract . Which the new contract is garbage .

Myself and a few other guys who were hired around the months of June and July are now being told per management , union Stuart and our local union rep that even though our seniority date shows before august 1,2018 , our raises are before august 1,2018 , we bid and pick our vacations before August 1,2018 we are on the new contract and will not get the raises . May I add we all got the 2019 raise , even got a retro check for it but now they are pulling this .

I’ve called the union hall no help , I’ve called HR they just say yes you’re seniority date is before August 1 2018 but we can’t change anything . So where do we go from here? Who do we go to . All we have is our seniority date , it stays with us until we retire . It’s a big deal . I’ve spoke to many guys , everyone says their seniority date was anywhere from when they were hired , first day of class and first day on road . I can’t find anything in the contract , it just seems like they are really trying to screw us .

hopefully I was clear... thanks

If the steward and BA don't support you, go to the hall and climb the ladder. If the local doesn't support you go above that. Keep going until you have to file unfair labor practice suit. Get. Your. Money.

Up In Smoke

1st, Your seniority date is the first day you delivered ground pkgs after school was complete.
2nd, Know your seniority date, make sure it is correct on all company lists and report any problems to your stew.
3rd, You will receive your progression wage increases on your seniority date, keep track it's your responsibility.
4th, You will receive contractual wage increases on August 1 of year each
5th, In your situation you are correct, you should receive the progression raise followed by the contractual raise.
6th, File a grievance for lost wages and penalties.

Boston25

First off I’d like to say hello , first post , but have always read many posts here the last few years .

I’ll try to be clear as possible . I am apart of the New England supplement. I as far as I knew made seniority 6/25/18. As stated in the contract chapter 41, section 1 . Anyone hired before August 1,2018 Shall receive raises as followed ;;; .75 2019 ; .80 2020 ; ect;

anyone hired after August 1 , 2018 will not receive these raises and will be on the new contract . Which the new contract is garbage .

Myself and a few other guys who were hired around the months of June and July are now being told per management , union Stuart and our local union rep that even though our seniority date shows before august 1,2018 , our raises are before august 1,2018 , we bid and pick our vacations before August 1,2018 we are on the new contract and will not get the raises . May I add we all got the 2019 raise , even got a retro check for it but now they are pulling this .

I’ve called the union hall no help , I’ve called HR they just say yes you’re seniority date is before August 1 2018 but we can’t change anything . So where do we go from here? Who do we go to . All we have is our seniority date , it stays with us until we retire . It’s a big deal . I’ve spoke to many guys , everyone says their seniority date was anywhere from when they were hired , first day of class and first day on road . I can’t find anything in the contract , it just seems like they are really trying to screw us .

hopefully I was clear... thanks
You are 100% right. I’m not sure why anyone who say otherwise. I would call your union hall and speak to your BA and explain the situation.

DriverNerd

You should get in touch with payroll to have them take a look at it and see if anything comes up. If you made seniority before August 1, your progression would have been from the last contract. Look at all your checks and notice all your pay rates. Post them.

Eastcoaster

You are 100% right. I’m not sure why anyone who say otherwise. I would call your union hall and speak to your BA and explain the situation.

I have spoke to the hall , BA , HR/Payroll , and management . They all agree my seniority date is before August 1,2018 . But yet I’m still on the new contract . I’ll just have to grieve and go to the IBT.. they are trying to screw us hard .

Up In Smoke

I have spoke to the hall , BA , HR/Payroll , and management . They all agree my seniority date is before August 1,2018 . But yet I’m still on the new contract . I’ll just have to grieve and go to the IBT.. they are trying to screw us hard .
What were you making b4 August 1. Do you have a current seniority list hanging in your building? A new one was released on 7/1/20 and must be posted per contract.

Boston25

File a grievance. Get copies of your stubs to show when you were getting raises in progression.