Seniority doesnt matter

unloady

So, my current or should i now say past unload supervisor which is a decent human being got promoted and is handing down the reigns to a gung ho tough guy supervisor which i have a whole 2 years on. Today he went into each trailer telling everyone with an imprinter scanner that they HAVE to switch off and unload even if they have high seniority. Because its "unfair" for the rookies who he placed in the unload who have less than a year in. This pissed off the older guys with 10 or more years in for obvious reasons. He then threatened to send anyone who disagrees with him to the preload and he would "make sure" they get written up for misloads. Talked to steward (new steward by the way, i have more seniority than him) and he said its wrong and that he would talk to current supervisor, but nothing has changed. I understand that we are to "work as directed" and file a grievance afterwards. But is there any use? Because ive read that they can technically put you wherever they want and you dont have special rights to a preferred job even though there is an actual list posted next to the office with names of package handlers, including mine, that show which job we are to do. Long story short, i complied because i have to work a second job and need to leave by a certain time every day to pay the bills and i know if i rock the boat he will just force me to stay those extra 30 minutes every single day to make me late for my full time job.

Hadjabear

So, my current or should i now say past unload supervisor which is a decent human being got promoted and is handing down the reigns to a gung ho tough guy supervisor which i have a whole 2 years on. Today he went into each trailer telling everyone with an imprinter scanner that they HAVE to switch off and unload even if they have high seniority. Because its "unfair" for the rookies who he placed in the unload who have less than a year in. This :censored2: off the older guys with 10 or more years in for obvious reasons. He then threatened to send anyone who disagrees with him to the preload and he would "make sure" they get written up for misloads. Talked to steward (new steward by the way, i have more seniority than him) and he said its wrong and that he would talk to current supervisor, but nothing has changed. I understand that we are to "work as directed" and file a grievance afterwards. But is there any use? Because ive read that they can technically put you wherever they want and you dont have special rights to a preferred job even though there is an actual list posted next to the office with names of package handlers, including mine, that show which job we are to do. Long story short, i complied because i have to work a second job and need to leave by a certain time every day to pay the bills and i know if i rock the boat he will just force me to stay those extra 30 minutes every single day to make me late for my full time job.

Work as Directed, if people with less seniority that are qualified to do the work are going home before the ones with higher seniority or high seniority folks are being moved work area while low seniority stay in the work area, file.

unloady

So, my current or should i now say past unload supervisor which is a decent human being got promoted and is handing down the reigns to a gung ho tough guy supervisor which i have a whole 2 years on. Today he went into each trailer telling everyone with an imprinter scanner that they HAVE to switch off and unload even if they have high seniority. Because its "unfair" for the rookies who he placed in the unload who have less than a year in. This :censored2: off the older guys with 10 or more years in for obvious reasons. He then threatened to send anyone who disagrees with him to the preload and he would "make sure" they get written up for misloads. Talked to steward (new steward by the way, i have more seniority than him) and he said its wrong and that he would talk to current supervisor, but nothing has changed. I understand that we are to "work as directed" and file a grievance afterwards. But is there any use? Because ive read that they can technically put you wherever they want and you dont have special rights to a preferred job even though there is an actual list posted next to the office with names of package handlers, including mine, that show which job we are to do. Long story short, i complied because i have to work a second job and need to leave by a certain time every day to pay the bills and i know if i rock the boat he will just force me to stay those extra 30 minutes every single day to make me late for my full time job.

Work as Directed, if people with less seniority that are qualified to do the work are going home before the ones with higher seniority or high seniority folks are being moved work area while low seniority stay in the work area, file.

Ugh. Yea they send all these people with lower seniority home before me or other high seniority emplyees. I guess i have to file then. I just see it affecting my second job which worries me.

Box Ox

I understand that we are to "work as directed" and file a grievance afterwards. But is there any use? Because ive read that they can technically put you wherever they want and you dont have special rights to a preferred job even though there is an actual list posted next to the office with names of package handlers, including mine, that show which job we are to do.

There are zero rights to particular preload jobs. If there's a position list up, it's so little Billy will know where to go when he stumbles in high as a kite.

unloady

Guess youre right. This building has changed so much. Just seems unfair.
i had a sup that got mad at as for working as directed bc his boss got mad at him. people like that don't last long anyways

I feel you on that. They are hiring supervisors left and right currently. I feel like there is a trash truck that just goes around picking up these guys and just dumping them on the property and giving them a polo and a clipboard. Probably because they think were gonna strike so they have a work force. Who knows.

unloady

I understand that we are to "work as directed" and file a grievance afterwards. But is there any use? Because ive read that they can technically put you wherever they want and you dont have special rights to a preferred job even though there is an actual list posted next to the office with names of package handlers, including mine, that show which job we are to do.

There are zero rights to particular preload jobs. If there's a position list up, it's so little Billy will know where to go when he stumbles in high as a kite.

Billy lmfao.

Box Ox

I feel like there is a trash truck that just goes around picking up these guys and just dumping them on the property and giving them a polo and a clipboard. Probably because they think were gonna strike so they have a work force. Who knows.

Cannon fodder through and through.

unloady

I feel like there is a trash truck that just goes around picking up these guys and just dumping them on the property and giving them a polo and a clipboard. Probably because they think were gonna strike so they have a work force. Who knows.

Cannon fodder through and through.

Cannon fodder lmfao. Its true, they get chewed up by the FT sups and center manager along with all the union employees.

unloady

Just move to Preload. It's easier. More chicks too.

Lol. Not for me. I cant preload if my life depended on it. I understand that UPS doesnt require alot of thinking, but preloading is a little past my attention span and brain capacity. I got 28 misloads last time i tried to preload. I felt guilty when they sent me home afterwards because i knew i just made a drivers day go from 8 hours to 12 hours. It is what it is, at least im being honest lol. I have a wife but i think UPS is the last place im gonna go to if im looking for female companionship to say the least lmao. Its a sausage fest over here at my ceneter.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I guess you don't have a preferred jobs list or a "prior past practice" clause in your regional.

The highest seniority folks generally select preload anyways. This is not true for 5-10 year folks who generally select sorting, clerking.

Heavy Package

Lol. Not for me. I cant preload if my life depended on it. I understand that UPS doesnt require alot of thinking, but preloading is a little past my attention span and brain capacity.

LMFAO. And this dude's posting whining about being moved around as a loader. Lock thread please.