Seniority grievance

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
A co worker of mine has 3 years in.He put in to be a shifter a year ago.He was never called yet there are shifters with less than 2 years working.How would he get access to the shifter seniority list?When he does and he was wronged what type of grievance should he file,most important what should his settlement requested be?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A co worker of mine has 3 years in.He put in to be a shifter a year ago.He was never called yet there are shifters with less than 2 years working.How would he get access to the shifter seniority list?When he does and he was wronged what type of grievance should he file,most important what should his settlement requested be?
Are you his boyfriend ?
Why can’t he ask these questions himself?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Shifting what? Feeders/trailers or package cars?

And most likely the time period for filing a grievance has passed. This should be somewhere in your regional supplement or local rider/addenda.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Shifting what? Feeders/trailers or package cars?

And most likely the time period for filing a grievance has passed. This should be somewhere in your regional supplement or local rider/addenda.
Yard shifter

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Yard shifter
I'll have to assume you mean moving trailers, and that your hub/center has its own feeder department. Check there for a seniority list (or 'day off' schedule of start times, that should also list seniority dates). Unfortunately, if it is a PT position, it may not list an actual 'job' seniority date for the shifters.

542thruNthru

If he feels his seniority was violated than file the grievance. You don't have to put specific dates. Your BA will investigate the grievance and tell him if his seniority was violated. The steward also has a right to investigate a grievance and could request the seniority date of the shifters in question.

Like was said before the timeliness of the grievance may be a problem but it may also go off of point of knowledge.

Personally I've never heard of a yard shifter having so little seniority but there is always a first for everything.

Edit:
Sorry didn't answer your questions lol.

File a grievance under Article 4 of the WRT and all applicable.

Request relief should be "honor my seniority and award me the position and back pay for wages lost."

This should cover all his bases.

Last edited: