Seniority Hire Date VS Qualification Date

UPS0526

BrownAndDown
Need some clarity on this. I’m currently a part time qualified cover driver. With the most seniority. They just sent someone to driving school who has a higher seniority hire date then me. Could he jump me if a full time position comes available. Basically does your hire date or qualification date matter when going full time?

542thruNthru

Need some clarity on this. I’m currently a part time qualified cover driver. With the most seniority. They just sent someone to driving school who has a higher seniority hire date then me. Could he jump me if a full time position comes available. Basically does your hire date or qualification date matter when going full time?

I'm wrong. :)

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Many areas have classification seniority. Here he would be ahead of him as a Cover Driver because he's been in the classification longer.
Could he jump me if a full time position comes available.
They're both part timers. I don't know of any supplement where a junior part timer would get a FT postion ahead of a senior part timer just because he's been working longer as a cover driver, but I suppose it's possible.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Many areas have classification seniority. Here he would be ahead of him as a Cover Driver because he's been in the classification longer.
True here but the OP is a cover driver, he said the other person is a FT driver. So, either way the OP is done.

542thruNthru

They're both part timers. I don't know of any supplement where a junior part timer would get a FT postion ahead of a senior part timer just because he's been working longer as a cover driver, but I suppose it's possible.

I'm sorry. I read his post wrong. You're right. I thought he meant will he be ahead of him as a PT cover driver.

Whoops.

scooby0048

Are you both part timers?

scooby0048

Your post is confusing and apparently not just to me. You have the highest seniority in the building for part time or in the qualified cover driver pool? The person they are sending was hired after you or the person they are sending was qualified as a cover driver after you? Your whole post needs some clarifying.

I'm sorry. I read his post wrong. You're right. I thought he meant will he be ahead of him as a PT cover driver.

Whoops.

I am still reading it wrong.

Reread it. It says the other person has a higher seniority hire date, nothing about friend/t driving.

I re-read it and am more confused than I originally was. I must have been seeing FT in the mumbo jumbo and confused it with the post. The whole post needs some clarity.

Last edited:

Johney

Your post is confusing and apparently not just to me. You have the highest seniority in the building for part time or in the qualified cover driver pool? The person they are sending was hired after you or the person they are sending was qualified as a cover driver after you? Your whole post needs some clarifying.

I am still reading it wrong.

I re-read it and am more confused than I originally was. I must have been seeing FT in the mumbo jumbo and confused it with the post. The whole post needs some clarity.
The way it reads to me and as far as it goes here is, he is the highest seniority cover driver(p/t) and the other person is NOT a cover driver, but has more company time, so the way it works here is the person with a senior higher date would get the spot for friend/t. We have guys who never went cover driver and just waited for the friend/t slot to open. That make sense?

scooby0048

The way it reads to me and as far as it goes here is, he is the highest seniority cover driver(p/t) and the other person is NOT a cover driver, but has more company time, so the way it works here is the person with a senior higher date would get the spot for friend/t. We have guys who never went cover driver and just waited for the friend/t slot to open. That make sense?
I'm not disagreeing with what you write. This is absolutely what we do here as well and, how it should be. After you told me to re-read the OP post, Im confused as to what the OP is trying to say. HE said HE was the highest seniority person there then in the next sentence, the OP said someone else has the the higher seniority...

It makes perfect sense IF the OP is claiming to be the highest cover driver and NOT the most senior person in the PT pool. It makes no sense if he is claiming to be the most senior PTer. Do you see what I'm saying? I think we need the OP to come clarify what roles each of the these people play.

Johney

I'm not disagreeing with what you write. This is absolutely what we do here as well and, how it should be. After you told me to re-read the OP post, Im confused as to what the OP is trying to say. HE said HE was the highest seniority person there then in the next sentence, the OP said someone else has the the higher seniority...

It makes perfect sense IF the OP is claiming to be the highest cover driver and NOT the most senior person in the PT pool. It makes no sense if he is claiming to be the most senior PTer. Do you see what I'm saying? I think we need the OP to come clarify what roles each of the these people play.
It make perfect sense to me if it works where he is as it does here.

UPS0526

BrownAndDown
Your reading right.

UPS0526

BrownAndDown
Sorry for confusion. He has more company time then me. He hasn’t not started driving yet. With him not driving I’m top seniority. Now he’s driving will that effect me going full time even though he hasn’t qualified. Hope that helps.