Seniority Is Meaningless Now

Imchar1

22.4 people who are just hired off the street will get all extra work. No seniority psuedo full timers will get first crack at all work inside or outside full time or part time work. (except RCPD). Full time air drivers part time air drivers with years of seniority will lose out to 22.4.

I remember when seniority was the holy grail.

Union leadership should burn for this.

browndevil

22.4 people who are just hired off the street will get all extra work. No seniority psuedo full timers will get first crack at all work inside or outside full time or part time work. (except RCPD). Full time air drivers part time air drivers with years of seniority will lose out to 22.4.

How did your supplement address this?

JustDeliverIt

No one wants to drive in our building that isn't already a PTCD and we are short drivers. Just brought in a group of off the street hires that went thru intergrad. I think one is going to stick around. They can put this language in but I don't think they're going to have bodies to fill the spots.

Is there really a chance this thing passes?
I haven’t talk to anyone who’s voting yes but I have feeling the fix is in....

I'd bet it passes, and I truly doubt that any fix will be needed. There are quite a few people who actually like the contract because they're getting theirs, apathy at it's best. The PT workforce has dug itself so deep over the years that they will now pit themselves against each other; new kids want that $3 raise, mid-timers are hot over wage compression, old-timers couldn't give a :censored2: about either of them. Many drivers' concerns will be covered with supplements, many more will vote in favor of $40/hr and knowing they will NEVER have to work a weekend. There is a very small group that really understand what the union was and should be, solidarity is a thing of the past. The vocal few here on BC aren't in any fashion representative of us as a whole. There really is only a small fraction of the BU that is taking the hose, I'd bet the other majority watches them as they drift away down the river.

But, it would be cool if I'm wrong.

Dr.Brownz

Yep there will be no more retirement routes. All the shags will be put on a truck for a new guy to go deliver