Seniority Question

AmAirDriver

I was called back to UPS in Feb and made my pt seniority on march 13th.

Couple of questions. Does my seniority go back to the date I was called back in Feb or is it 3/31.

How long does it take to make top rate as a pt air driver? Will this time be effected by the new contract?

Thanks for the help.

AlwaysChafed

A "seniority" date is when you work thirty days work as a ground driver within ninety days. Unless you've been driving ground, then driving air doesn't qualify. If you are part time. Vote No. The only people who would vote Yes are people already locked in.

So instead of getting retirement at 25/30 years, the new contract for you would place you into the 30/35 retirement plan. I will be 70.

I'm trying to get everyone at my Center to support us but I don't think it will happen. Everyone is locked in, getting their stuff, I'm trying to talk to everyone into voting no.

PT Car Washer

I was called back to UPS in Feb and made my pt seniority on march 13th.

Couple of questions. Does my seniority go back to the date I was called back in Feb or is it 3/31.

How long does it take to make top rate as a pt air driver? Will this time be effected by the new contract?

Thanks for the help.

Seniority date is set by when you were called back. Two years to make top Air rate. Right now $24.74 an hour. As far as the new contract I do not recall anything being changed except top rate.