seniority question

Killzone

Long story short (this happened today and many other times) I always get moved from my area and once we were almost finished(the area they just moved me too) they moved me AGAIN to help another area I told the sup to send some one else with less seniority he came up with some bs I didn't understand and sent me anyways that I had to go..they always have me moving all the time ...what's your advise? Thanks

By The Book

Long story short (this happened today and many other times) I always get moved from my area and once we were almost finished(the area they just moved me too) they moved me AGAIN to help another area I told the sup to send some one else with less seniority he came up with some bs I didn't understand and sent me anyways that I had to go..they always have me moving all the time ...what's your advise? Thanks
If it all pays the same is there a problem? This happens a lot at ups. Just roll with it and someday you may get what you ask for.

Killzone

I wouldn't mind but I have a second job right after I get off from ups and they send other people with less seniority home (and not intending in moving to another shift ) some advise from the people of the hub is to file grievance but I don't want to take it to that level

T

Turdferguson

The harder you work the more they give. You have to work as directed , but if you slow down they cant make you work harder or faster just say I'm doing the best I can according to my ability

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Whether you work in the same spot everyday or are bounced around....has nothing to do with seniority. If they send you home and
keep someone with less seniority on the clock.....then you can speak up and ask them to send the less senior hourlie home first. Other than that.....work as directed.

Killzone

What I meant from area (example: I'm a sorter and move me to unload or I'm an unloader and move me to bulk or I'm an unloader and they move me to sort ) same thing "work as directed applies ?

I wouldn't mind but I have a second job right after I get off from ups and they send other people with less seniority home (and not intending in moving to another shift ) some advise from the people of the hub is to file grievance but I don't want to take it to that level
Sometimes you got to grow a pair and file.
Don't be a trouble maker...nor a pu**y

Trust me!

browntroll

work as directed or talk to a sup about having to leave early. if they like you and you actually work good then
they will work it out with you. it happens to me alot more then it should but i just go to whatever area they need
me but i still decide how hard i want to work.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
PTers get moved around all the time. What makes you think you should not be like all the other PTers?

Resident know-it-all.
Did you not read where he said he had a 2nd job he had to get to or he wouldn't mind. He is not complaining about being moved, he is complaining when a less senority pt employe is being sent home first, even though he has requested to leave.

PT Car Washer

Management must move you by seniority. If that is your assigned job, the sort aisle, they have to move the least seniority employee first. Talk to your Steward or BA.

Killzone

Management must move you by seniority. If that is your assigned job, the sort aisle, they have to move the least seniority employee first. Talk to your Steward or BA.
Thanks that's what everyone tells me at my hub and to file grievance...
None of your buisness.
Thanks man...they understand at that time of year I'll be showing up late due to ups peak season

And thanks all for your replies!!!