Seniority Question

How do I know what my seniority date is? I started 9-16-2016 and am a permanent Preload employee. Will my sup let me know what it is or do i need to figure it out for myself?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How do I know what my seniority date is? I started 9-16-2016 and am a permanent Preload employee. Will my sup let me know what it is or do i need to figure it out for myself?
You haven't gained seniority yet because you didn't have your 30 days in (or 40, it depends on your location) before October 15th. And therefore, you are not necessarily a "permanent" employee. But ordinarily, your first day of work would be your seniority date.

PT Car Washer

You haven't gained seniority yet because you didn't have your 30 days in (or 40, it depends on your location) before October 15th. And therefore, you are not necessarily a "permanent" employee. But ordinarily, your first day of work would be your seniority date.
We have PT with seniority dates of Nov and Dec. Who says you can't gain any seniority days after Oct 15th? Ask a Union steward to check into it. If you have worked everyday since Sept 16 you should be in.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have PT with seniority dates of Nov and Dec. Who says you can't gain any seniority days after Oct 15th? Ask a Union steward to check into it. If you have worked everyday since Sept 16 you should be in.
Well that would depend on your local. If say I was hired November 1st and kept on after peak and make book the following February...then yes...my seniority date would (after I make book) revert back to November 1st, as is my understanding. I have coworkers now who started in August who didn't make their 40 days before October 15th because they got sent home a bunch of days in Sept.

I know I had to have 30 days in, but I wasn't sure if that was working days or calendar days. I guess I'll just ask one of my sups tomorrow since I have no clue who my union steward is

jbg77

Pretty sure if you start before 10/15 all days count towards seniority. they are supposed to post the lists quarterly

optikz

My steward told me if you were hired before the seasonal period, all days count toward seniority. Now if u got hired after the seasonal period, then it's no here