Seniority question.

Jvoorhees1984

I was hired November 22 ‘17 but my first day wasn’t until a week later. Earlier this month I received my benefits package (id cards) and everything is active. Am I considered a year old employee. I can’t seem to get a straight answer from anybody.

I was hired November 22 ‘17 but my first day wasn’t until a week later. Earlier this month I received my benefits package (id cards) and everything is active. Am I considered a year old employee. I can’t seem to get a straight answer from anybody.
You usually get the packet a week or two before your seniority date.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Your seniority date will be the first day you worked.

Check the seniority list.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Figuring out your seniority date:
tenor (2).gif

D

Deleted member 77202

I'm absolutely positive that my supervisor is not calling pre-loader employees in to work via their seniority hire dates.
For example, a person that was hired in May is getting called in to work before a person that was hired in April.
Isn't that a big-time no-no?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm absolutely positive that my supervisor is not calling pre-loader employees in to work via their seniority hire dates.
For example, a person that was hired in May is getting called in to work before a person that was hired in April.
Isn't that a big-time no-no?

Only if you press the issue

How does this effect you?

D

Deleted member 77202

It affects me because employees who have less time there than me are getting more hours/work than I am.
It makes me mad because I'm not a slacker at all, & I honestly believe it's simply because I'm female.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Why would the supervisor be calling in employee's ?

Does your supplement.... not cover posting start times ?

It affects me because employees who have less time there than me are getting more hours/work than I am.

Are they in the same work area and job classification ?

It makes me mad because I'm not a slacker at all, & I honestly believe it's simply because I'm female.

Before you drop that bomb, more investigation is warranted.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Play that card and you’ll get all the work you want