Seniority sucks.

I hate being so new that I get bumped on driving. I have been employed since 7/2/2014 and got my 30 days in as of 8/23/2014. I was driving 52 to 55 hours a week until around April this year and now I am 3 days plus Saturday if I am lucky. I hate that.

mjjlohn

That's how it works, the guys before you have put in much more time. You're barely a year in, you should step back mentally and realize how lucky you are.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Every driver that is above you in seniority has been in your very shoes. Every driver had to work his way up through the system. Even the #1. Don't fret none. Hang in there and someday you might be #1. If you sense of entitlement does not ruin it for you.

Indecisi0n

Soon you will be messing with the new guys like me. Go to hand them the DIAD and say your doing my route. Their eyes light up like kids in a candy store until you pull the board away just before they grab it and said "SIKEEeeeeee" and walk away

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Soon you will be messing with the new guys like me. Go to hand them the DIAD and say your doing my route. Their eyes light up like kids in a candy store until you pull the board away just before they grab it and said "SIKEEeeeeee" and walk away
That's mean.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OP. .... Your integrity and your seniority are the only two things you have here !!!
Shut mouth , take your place in line and move along !!
Don't whine to the other drivers,, you will have no respect from them ,, in due time friend in due time !!

T

Turdferguson

I hate being so new that I get bumped on driving. I have been employed since 7/2/2014 and got my 30 days in as of 8/23/2014. I was driving 52 to 55 hours a week until around April this year and now I am 3 days plus Saturday if I am lucky. I hate that.

giphy.gif

Gear

Parts on Order
Look around your hub, all those old timers will be retiring soon. Baby boomers earned their retirements and are on their way out. Positions in all companies will be opening, UPS, USPS, utilities companies, Authority jobs. Its like being in the military during war time, promotions come quick, assuming you can do your job.

Gear

Parts on Order

Here's a post that believes in the UPS pecking order. You've put your time in, so you're ENTITLED to mess with the new guys. Crap like this just causes friction between union members, which makes us weaker. I bet the supervisors smile everytime they see this.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Here's a post that believes in the UPS pecking order. You've put your time in, so you're ENTITLED to mess with the new guys. Crap like this just causes friction between union members, which makes us weaker. I bet the supervisors smile everytime they see this.

That's not entirely true. If you get along well with each other (the people you mess with), they get it and can take a bait and switch. They know it's all in good fun.
Now if you have a couple guys like we do who will put in for option days just so lower seniority guys can't get them, those guys are d7cks!!. They don't have anything planned. These are the guys who would c0ckblock you at a bar too.

NXA

In every center there are senior drivers who will go home a couple days a week if they have a chance. Find out who they are, make friends, learn their routes. When mgmt plays along, don't screw it up. Soon you'll know more routes than you want to, but you'll have work every day.

At least, that's how I did it.