Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If this is never going to happen... Then why are you worried?
Never said it wasn't going to happen......I'm still trying to figure out what your final proposal is going to be by contract negotiation time....again in an 8500 member union you started with 1 list for employees and part timers rejected it then you went to just full time employees and package car drivers rejected it now I believe your up to only feeder drivers only now......I'm just waiting to see your next proposal......also can I see how the contract would read under your proposal

We are under the current contract which has classification seniority, so if you do get it to pass wouldn't we start this company seniority come Aug 1st, 2018??? If that's the case you would have to redline it because you can't go backwards since we are all under the current terms. Right??? Or you guys don't care about anyone except yourselves.
Sorry to say it but if the majority doesn't want a red line, red line it's going to happen... No one is losing their seniority.... There are some members that are going to their rightful spot... It's not selfish when a majority of members want something... It's a democratic system... It's what the Us and Us Unions stand for...

Classification seniority is never a fair option but if it's what the members want, it's what the members want...

Rockstar

WI Feeders
Great topic folks, I actually was going to post something similar because this topic is being raised in WI. I was asked by a co-worker to raise the topic in a forum. Currently there is 2 seniority lists. Company and Bid. The discussion of creating a single seniority list is being raised. Has any other areas voted in to change from 2 lists to 1. Input please thanks.

Never said it wasn't going to happen......I'm still trying to figure out what your final proposal is going to be by contract negotiation time....again in an 8500 member union you started with 1 list for employees and part timers rejected it then you went to just full time employees and package car drivers rejected it now I believe your up to only feeder drivers only now......I'm just waiting to see your next proposal......also can I see how the contract would read under your proposal
Part-timers didn't reject it... They don't care what happens... So if you include part-timers it would kill the vote becoaue part-timers don't vote... The package guys didn't reject it... They like it... From what I hear there a lot of package guys signing it... The just don't like center to center package... They love carry their seniority when the transfer to another classification... As for the Proposal... You will see what it is come proposal time... Until then you are just going to have to wait...

Great topic folks, I actually was going to post something similar because this topic is being raised in WI. I was asked by a co-worker to raise the topic in a forum. Currently there is 2 seniority lists. Company and Bid. The discussion of creating a single seniority list is being raised. Has any other areas voted in to change from 2 lists to 1. Input please thanks.
We are trying in local 177 (central & north NJ)... It's looking good...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My Local has always had just one full time seniority list, where your seniority dovetails as you move from packages to feeders to 22. 3, etc.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A red line would only benefit the ones that don't want it... So no, a red line doesn't benefit me and it's not what the majority wants....
There's no reason for a red circle because no one is losing anything. Everyone will still have the same FT seniority they always had, the only difference is that they will no longer be able to select work ahead of a senior driver.

There's no reason for a red circle because no one is losing anything. Everyone will still have the same FT seniority they always had, the only difference is that they will no longer be able to select work ahead of a senior driver.
You my friend are so spot on it's not even funny...

rama'nfeeders

I am from package and from the North and I am against it and so are many of my fellow package car buddies. I will be voting against your proposal.

rama'nfeeders

Yes people do lose when you change anything so therefore you have to redline the process because remember you are doing it for the members moving forward. Right? It's not just for yourself since a redline wouldn't benefit YOU!!!

Yes people do lose when you change anything so therefore you have to redline the process because remember you are doing it for the members moving forward. Right? It's not just for yourself since a redline wouldn't benefit YOU!!!
We are also doing it for the ones that got their seniority stripped... That's why a red line wouldn't work... Of course it's going to not benefit someone... The question is who should get it... The only way to find out is bring it to a vote...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

We are also doing it for the ones that got their seniority stripped... That's why a red line wouldn't work... Of course it's going to not benefit someone... The question is who should get it... The only way to find out is bring it to a vote...
Being we are have a individual vote on seniority I would like to have a vote on holidays a vote on sick days a vote on vacation weeks and a few other things