Seniority WILL prevail

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I have a question for the old guys;
How can I get my choice of truck on the route?
In a p5 it blows out leaving the building and after the pickups. One of the new tin can 6’s is ideal...but I also ran it in an old school diesel short p8 last peak and it was fine, just had to really plan out my driveway turn arounds. Don’t have many options unless they want me walking a mile per stop (which I will gladly do)
Just put your request in the employee feedback bin
garbage-cart.jpg

Staydryitsraining

Little bit of everything, it’s a great loop. A business park with 8-10 stops to start, 1 apartment complex and a few other businesses. Then it’s all woods. An early pickup route from 3-4, drop air then back to the woods. So a good amount of work in the morning then chill for the rest of the day, radio route. It does get bulky but it’s all off by lunch and I’m on cruise control after
They make you double trip? Why dont they send someone to get your pick ups?

Whither

Scofflaw
An early pickup route from 3-4, drop air then back to the woods.
What time is your air due back at the building? I ask 'cause I know you're on the 9.5 list. Here it's 1945, but they'll make exceptions sometimes until 2015. The airport is a 20 minute drive from my building.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was on the extra board for 15 years and am thinking about going back. I will never have enough seniority to hold one of the 4 best routes in my center, but I do have enough seniority to run them whenever the regular guys are on vacation. Plus, I am on the feeder extra board, which pulls me off my route 2-3 months of the year.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
They make you double trip? Why dont they send someone to get your pick ups?
Nah, I drop air at a meet point about 5 minutes from my pickups.
What time is your air due back at the building? I ask 'cause I know you're on the 9.5 list. Here it's 1945, but they'll make exceptions sometimes until 2015. The airport is a 20 minute drive from my building.
I have to get it dropped at the meet point by 5. But I have no work on the path from my pickups to meet point so I always just go get it dropped ASAP, take my break and bs with the air guy, then back at it

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
In a p5 it blows out leaving the building and after the pickups. One of the new tin can 6’s is ideal...but I also ran it in an old school diesel short p8 last peak and it was fine, just had to really plan out my driveway turn arounds. Don’t have many options unless they want me walking a mile per stop (which I will gladly do)
Ask your center manager nicely. I’ve had luck with the help me help you approach in the past. If the conversation goes positively GREAT. If not drop anchor, I mean be safe, walk off everything (including the 1/4 mile plus treks) and continue to do so until the result you want is achieved. This may require meetings with a steward and threats of discipline. Just continue reminding them that you‘re doing the best you can with the tools that you were given.

If you end up in the car you want and all of the sudden one day you come in and it’s a different car go back to the center manager. ”Hey Jim, they pulled my p6, This p8 really slows me down. Can we 🙄 try to get a p6 back?“ You‘ll have to figure out that day just how much that p8 is going to slow you down due to “driveways“ that day.

AKCoverMan

Just got off the phone with my steward, it’s official; when I get back from comp I’ll have my own route
3 years of grinding through the worst crap on every loop in the center
Thrown around like a rag doll by higher seniority drivers because I have so much area knowledge
I passed up a couple opportunities to take routes that I knew I wouldn’t enjoy
Took my time, played the game
Now I’ve snagged my favorite route to run in the whole center, in the same loop with guys that I enjoy working with and we all consciously try pull our own weight
All you low seniority guys, 22.4’s, keep grinding boys
The grass gets greener after every year you put into brown.
In 14 months I’ll be at top rate, nearly double what I make now, and a made man. Feels good
Right on. I was cover in big city building for over a decade, pretty much could run every route and they knew it so I often did five routes in five days. Of course my numbers were all over the place but I didn’t care. For awhile I enjoyed challenge and variety and often got some nice runs I didn’t have seniority for. I passed up a lot of bid routes but now have a nice rural route out of a satellite building that should be its own small center soon.

Hope you enjoy having your own bid route.

AKCoverMan

Agree with others, ask center manager or OCS as appropriate in your building. Be sure to have a case for your request (as you have shared here) that benefits the business not just “I like the p6 better”. Don’t try to force the bigger car into places you shouldn’t, walk em all off. Be sure your steward knows what’s going on if you are running over 9.5 because your in car that slows your roll as they will try to use different production numbers on different days against you.