Seniority

StretchNutz

Preload Slave
Hey guys, first post, been lurking for a while and been on preload for about 3 years now. In my hub there's an :censored2: who claims seniority and takes every easy spot available and management says OK, even though he :censored2:ing sucks he's so far up their ass they let him do whatever he wants. I'm right under him in seniority so I started doing the same :censored2:, saying I'm not gonna get stuck on the worst spot while he's put in the most cake spot. If seniority is truly a thing on a preload, I'm gonna do smalls and take my rightful place. If seniority DOESN'T count, I dont want to see this lazy :censored2: rewarded with the easiest spots every day. Can I file a grievance for this? Thanks guys

StretchNutz

Preload Slave
Before someone tells me to talk to my rep its a wasted cause, The one grievance I actually made in the past 3 years was over his head I had to contact the Teamsters directly cause the Rep is even worse than this guy

JustDeliverIt

Hey guys, first post, been lurking for a while and been on preload for about 3 years now. In my hub there's an :censored2: who claims seniority and takes every easy spot available and management says OK, even though he :censored2:ing sucks he's so far up their ass they let him do whatever he wants. I'm right under him in seniority so I started doing the same :censored2:, saying I'm not gonna get stuck on the worst spot while he's put in the most cake spot. If seniority is truly a thing on a preload, I'm gonna do smalls and take my rightful place. If seniority DOESN'T count, I dont want to see this lazy :censored2: rewarded with the easiest spots every day. Can I file a grievance for this? Thanks guys

Seniority only works for preferred jobs like responder, over goods, ect. They are supposed to have a sign up sheet for those interested in any particular job. Outside of that, it is work as directed. If he's a brown noser, that's why he's getting the "easier" job. Unfortunately, seniority doesn't do much outside those few spots.

StretchNutz

Preload Slave
Seniority only works for preferred jobs like responder, over goods, ect. They are supposed to have a sign up sheet for those interested in any particular job. Outside of that, it is work as directed. If he's a brown noser, that's why he's getting the "easier" job. Unfortunately, seniority doesn't do much outside those few spots.
Perfect. I will file harassment on him and my supervisor if he continues getting special treatment then. Thanks

542thruNthru

Hey guys, first post, been lurking for a while and been on preload for about 3 years now. In my hub there's an :censored2: who claims seniority and takes every easy spot available and management says OK, even though he :censored2:ing sucks he's so far up their ass they let him do whatever he wants.
Look up the RED word. Wether he "sucks" or not has nothing to do with it.

I'm right under him in seniority so I started doing the same :censored2:, saying I'm not gonna get stuck on the worst spot while he's put in the most cake spot. If seniority is truly a thing on a preload, I'm gonna do smalls and take my rightful place.
What "spot" is he taking and what area do you actually work in?
If seniority DOESN'T count, I dont want to see this lazy :censored2: rewarded with the easiest spots every day. Can I file a grievance for this? Thanks guys
That depends on if they are violating the contract. It seems all yours really upset about is that the guy you don't like who has more seniority than you is getting easier work... That's not a violation of the contract.

What Supplemental agreement are you under? What is your primary position and what's his?

542thruNthru

lol simple statement brother, you're the one trying to make a fight out of it clearly.
No.. I'm just curious. I lurked for like 5 years. Learned a lot and finally got involved. You lurked for 6 months.

If you have truly been lurking you would know not to be so sensitive about a question.

StretchNutz

Preload Slave
alright dude UPSer to UPSer i'm gonna cut the :censored2: and be real here. It's not that he gets easier work for seniority thats fine IF seniority is a thing, whats irking me is i'm continually getting punished because i'm a good preloader. I get the most volume, the most BS, and i'm still making :censored2: money. BUT I do hold seniority over 80% of the sort but I get the worst spots because the Supe knows I can handle it and others cant and its really starting to upset me. This guy is only a year above me and he gets to just spa all day and he cant load half as fast as I can.
Well whatever it says i've been with UPS for 3 years. I have no reason to fight with you man and quite frankly dont have the time to

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I can spa just as good as he can, he can't load half as good as I do
Correct me if I’m wrong.

You’re the best and most versatile worker on your shift and the company is getting an excellent effort and result from you on a daily basis. You’re coworker who is senior to you isn’t as good at every position and is getting given a position that he can perform almost as well as you.

You’re rep is a wasted cause.

When you contacted “The Teamsters” your grievance was resolved in a positive manner.

Anything I missed?

StretchNutz

Preload Slave
Correct me if I’m wrong.

You’re the best and most versatile worker on your shift and the company is getting an excellent effort and result from you on a daily basis. You’re coworker who is senior to you isn’t as good at every position and is getting given a position that he can perform almost as well as you.

When you contacted “The Teamsters” your grievance was resolved in a positive manner.

Anything I missed?
My bad I should've been more clean on the greivance. That was an entirely unrelated matter but I did have to go over his head to get it resolved. It was last peak season and our hub decided preloaders weren't allowed to park in our actual parking space, they tried to make us park precariously on the opposite side of the road along a drainage ditch, so people were slipping in it every day, cars and people. I said something to my rep, he laughed at me, so I had to go to the Union directly and the next day we were allowed to park in the parking lot like human beings again.

StretchNutz

Preload Slave
Correct me if I’m wrong.

When you contacted “The Teamsters” your grievance was resolved in a
I dont get the hostility, I mean I do, its UPS. The whole company is like this every single one of us. But it doesn't have to be

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
@StretchNutz

Would you say these statements are more accurate?

When you contacted “The Teamsters” regarding a potential grievance that was dismissed by your rep. The situation was resolved by “The Teamsters” in a manner to your liking.