Sent home before 3.5 hours?

Legitimyze

Part time pre loader

If “all the work” is done before 3 and a half hours and they send you home, do you get paid for the 3.5 hrs? Or are you required to just stay there for that amount of time to get the pay?

I fear that if I leave when they tell me to, there’ll be no proof that it’s not voluntary.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Part time pre loader

If “all the work” is done before 3 and a half hours and they send you home, do you get paid for the 3.5 hrs? Or are you required to just stay there for that amount of time to get the pay?

I fear that if I leave when they tell me to, there’ll be no proof that it’s not voluntary.
Um, it’s peak. Who the friend works less than 8?

trickpony1

What are the chances the company is sending these PT'ers home early so, years down the road, when they apply for their PT pension the company can say, "....oh...but...you didn't work enough hours in years xxxx, xxxx and xxxx.".

Before you tell me to take my tin foil hat off, yes, I know someone who earned one of his years by working just 10 hours over the minimum.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Memorandum of Understanding

"Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

Justaloader

"Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee."

So, if a person leaves early, they get paid for 3 hours, instead of 3 and a half......or am I mis-reading that?

MattE

So, if a person leaves early, they get paid for 3 hours, instead of 3 and a half......or am I mis-reading that?

That's how it works were I am. It's pretty rare that we get a chance to leave before 3 1/2 hours, but if we do we only get paid what we work, unless we ask for the guarantee.

And someone mentioned not getting enough hours for the pension. FWIW you have to work 750 hours for it to count as a year. Once I found that out I went back and looked. There's been a year or two I only had around 800. I was never under. But if you do go under, it's pro rated. You get 6 months credit for 375-500 hours, and 9 months credit for 501-749 hours.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Is "leaving" the same as being told to leave? Lol.