Sent home for misloads..

HardknocksUPSer

I've just been sent home for misloads. I know, not a honorable thing but the sup says it cost UPS loads and loads of money per misload and that it makes it not profitable. Is this true? Hope I get my job back one day..

HardknocksUPSer

Are you seasonal?
I started out seasonal, been in for about a month now, I come to work early on time, everyday with a good attitude, work hard but I can't keep the misloads down, I mean it's tough when your expected to load 12-1300 packages a day, I try my best every single day and they know that, they tell me I'm a great worker and that they can tell I wana be there, sups say they have permanent positions open for the first of the year for the goood new hires, we have already went through tons of new hires just sense I've been there, most haven't made it or didn't have the willingness to try to make it, I have the will to make it and I want to make it but the misloads get me every single time no matter how hard I try. Only 4 other new hires are still there. I was told I can still work reload and driver helper.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
?
I started out seasonal, been in for about a month now, I come to work early on time, everyday with a good attitude, work hard but I can't keep the misloads down, I mean it's tough when your expected to load 12-1300 packages a day, I try my best every single day and they know that, they tell me I'm a great worker and that they can tell I wana be there, sups say they have permanent positions open for the first of the year for the goood new hires, we have already went through tons of new hires just sense I've been there, most haven't made it or didn't have the willingness to try to make it, I have the will to make it and I want to make it but the misloads get me every single time no matter how hard I try. Only 4 other new hires are still there. I was told I can still work reload and driver helper.

I thought all the outbound scanners were "smart" now? Are you having to manually read the packages when you're loading them?

Unless they took your ID and time card, just show up tomorrow and see what happens. They'll probably be so blown out they'll let you work and just stick you in the inbound.

What's the worst they can do? Fire you twice?

HardknocksUPSer

I thought all the outbound scanners were "smart" now? Are you having to manually read the packages when you're loading them?

Unless they took your ID and time card, just show up tomorrow and see what happens. They'll probably be so blown out they'll let you work and just stick you in the inbound.

What's the worst they can do? Fire you twice?
Yes we have PAL labels on each box, as they come down the belt we are supposed to stack alike boxes ahead of us coming down the belt and have them ready to load in each truck, I work 12-14hrs a day and I'm expected to be superman each and every day, while I try, I'm not. 8 misloads yesterday. I mean a human eye and brain can only function so fast, 12-1300 packages a day is a lot, 8 misloads? Not a lot one might think but to big brown that's not a good number.

HardknocksUPSer

If you want your job, or a job, I suggest going in and seeing what happens. Tell them you will try to improve and you'll be fine.
I've been trying to improve but it's worse each week, understand that it's peak, I was hired not too aweful long before peak, now peak is in swing and misloads are getting worse, hmmm wonder why? After Christmas I could go in and ace those trucks...

HardknocksUPSer

he's putting you down ,they did it to me for misspelling a word they will do that a lot on here ..don't worry bout it people who have to put other people down for there flaws are no better in fact they probably stupid as a bag of hammers
Thanks for clarifying dan, yeah I don't really care what he has to say, keyboard warriors are the least of my worries. My job however is a top priority.

dan

yea I would just go back tomorrow ,and see what happens like piedmont said they cant fire you twice and if they do give you another shot just do your best slow it down a little that's all you can do.. good luck

HardknocksUPSer

yea I would just go back tomorrow ,and see what happens like piedmont said they cant fire you twice and if they do give you another shot just do your best slow it down a little that's all you can do.. good luck
Welll tomorrow's Saturday so no work tomorrow, maybe I can try to go in on Monday after the sups cool off alittle and hope they give it another shot, thanks for the help dan appreciate it!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
From the driver's perspective, misloads are a major pain in the butt. They do cost UPS time and money. I usually run misloads at the end of the day when I am on overtime. Misloads will extend my day when I would rather be with my family. The sad thing is you seem to think eight misloads okay. It isn't. They can't make it any simpler. The PAL label will tell you what truck and what shelf. Also it is frustrating to dig through a load for a package only to find out it is on another driver. Do your job right and never accept mediocrity.

HardknocksUPSer

From the driver's perspective, misloads are a major pain in the butt. The do cost UPS time and money. I usually run misloads at the end of the day when I am on overtime. Misloads will extend my day when I would rather be with my family. The sad thing is you seem to think eight misloads okay. It isn't. They can't make it any simpler. The PAL label will tell you what truck and what shelf.
No no don't get me wrong I know 8 is a lot, I don't have a great excuse for it, it's unacceptable to me and I take great grief over having misloads because I have goood friends who drive and I understand what it's like for them to have misloads so don't get me wrong, i fully understand it's unacceptable. I however do argue that I should have been hired months before peak (when I first applied) no response back the first attempt. And I also argue that after peak it's not going to be anywhere near the number of misloads, loading is hard and even the veterans have been having 2-4 a day. But I'm somehow held to a higher standard? I don't get that. Your only as good as your trained. I'm pretty sure peak isn't a good time to train.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
No no don't get me wrong I know 8 is a lot, I don't have a great excuse for it, it's unacceptable to me and I take great grief over having misloads because I have goood friends who drive and I understand what it's like for them to have misloads so don't get me wrong, i fully understand it's unacceptable. I however do argue that I should have been hired months before peak (when I first applied) no response back the first attempt. And I also argue that after peak it's not going to be anywhere near the number of misloads, loading is hard and even the veterans have been having 2-4 a day. But I'm somehow held to a higher standard? I don't get that. Your only as good as your trained. I'm pretty sure peak isn't a good time to train.
I wholeheartedly agree that training is totally in adequate. It seems that supes tend to accept mediocrity. You shouldn't. When I get a new loader I hold them to a high standard because I want them to be the best loader on the preload. A loader can make or break my day.