Window8

Curious on the rules. I’m in Chesapeake district of DC.

I clocked in 2 min late. While I was walking to the package car to load it, I was told I wasn’t needed and was being sent home. (Which is fine as I was late and was okay with being sent home)

I later found out that people who haven’t finished their 30 days were working that day (which I’m sure they were on time) so that’s also not anything to care about.

But a buddy of mine said he came in 15 min late and they didn’t say anything to him and let him work the entire shift. He didn’t call ahead of time or anything. He just showed up.

Is that allowed? Again not going to make a federal case about it but I’m just curious as this center is starting to mess with me hard. They do a lot of shady things and I haven’t said anything to the union. I’m just trying to get a better understanding of the contract so that if they want to start giving me crap, I know how hard they can push issues.

If it’s not allowed, anyone know how long I have to grieve it? I’d like to know my options and see if they continue messing with me.

I’ve been on time everyday since, so no more issues as of yet

SonDo know how they can send you home for being a couple of minutes late. I would definitely file if they worked guys that are underneath you.

When you are late you do lose your guarantee hours.

Window8

You were late. Suck it up buttercup and move on. Don't be a snowflake.

All I’m saying if they are going to send me home, shouldn’t they do it by the contract?

I’m not debating I was late. All I’m saying is my buddy was later then I was and they didn’t send him home. Can they do that?

They also had 2 supervisors unload a few trucks, scan the packages to put the belt color sticker on the packages and had a supervisor on the sort line.

Can I file?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
All I’m saying if they are going to send me home, shouldn’t they do it by the contract?

I’m not debating I was late. All I’m saying is my buddy was later then I was and they didn’t send him home. Can they do that?

They also had 2 supervisors unload a few trucks, scan the packages to put the belt color sticker on the packages and had a supervisor on the sort line.

Can I file?

Yes you can file.

Box Ox

Can I file?

I think that if you're late and lower seniority folks have already been assigned, tough luck.

But if you're told to go home and supervisors are working, file for sure. Supervisors are only allowed to work when efforts to find available union hourlies to do the work have been exhausted. And you're obviously right there.

Indecisi0n

Can I file?
Would you rather them give you a verbal for being late or a warning letter ? Pick your battles more wisely.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
did they say they were sendingyou home because you were late or they just did not need you?

of course you can file if stupes are doing hourlies work.

Box Ox

Seriously it's hard to defend some of these younger guys. They are late more in one minmo than I have been in my entire career. And they think nothing is wrong with that.

I like to think they've all just been on the phone with @Indecisi0n out in the parking lot for too long and will try and speed it up in the future.

Future

Victory Ride
Seriously it's hard to defend some of these younger guys. They are late more in one minmo than I have been in my entire career. And they think nothing is wrong with that.
86E48380-9C83-4EA4-9352-D265876871D5.gif

Indecisi0n

These guys need to pick their battles better. This will be the same guy who will make a mistake later and beg the center manager to help him out and you know him filing for his own stupidity will come back to bite him. Use your head.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
SonDo know how they can send you home for being a couple of minutes late. I would definitely file if they worked guys that are underneath you.

When you are late you do lose your guarantee hours.
Or do something really crazy like.... ShowuSh up for work on time....
I hear it's amazing when the famous SonDo practices ShowuSh at the temple of Minmo.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Can I file?
Yes. They don't have to send you home if you're late, but they can. The day your buddy was late they were probably short people.