Sent home today after being told twice on Wednesday I will be working.

ThyDevourer

So I'm a seasonal driver in the central states. I signed the list to drive the day after Thanksgiving on Monday, flash forward to Wednesday, I receive two diad alerts saying "You have been forced to Friday 11/27 safety first" and all that typical crap. I go in today, grab my Diad and then my sup says hey you're not working. This is getting rediculous I haven't worked a full week since iv been seasonal for two months. I've been restraining myself from filing a grievance but after today I think I'm going to. They could have simply texted me and let me know and I wouldn't of had to come in, but apparently that common decency isn't going to happen. What do you guys think grievance or let it slide so as to not piss off management? I would like to become permanent, I'm a hub employee with 3 years seniority. Just looking for advice I guess.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I'm a seasonal driver in the central states. I signed the list to drive the day after Thanksgiving on Monday, flash forward to Wednesday, I receive two diad alerts saying "You have been forced to Friday 11/27 safety first" and all that typical crap. I go in today, grab my Diad and then my sup says hey you're not working. This is getting rediculous I haven't worked a full week since iv been seasonal for two months. I've been restraining myself from filing a grievance but after today I think I'm going to. They could have simply texted me and let me know and I wouldn't of had to come in, but apparently that common decency isn't going to happen. What do you guys think grievance or let it slide so as to not piss off management? I would like to become permanent, I'm a hub employee with 3 years seniority. Just looking for advice I guess.
Personally I wouldn't bother with seasonal. Tell them to hire ft drivers if they need them

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm not saying it hinders you but I'd say 90% of people are either gonna make it or not. A seasonal period or sat air isn't going to make much difference.
That's fair. But it makes the transition easier IMO. You know what you're doing with the DIAD. You know how the vehicles feel to drive. Your focus can be more on getting it done, than learning what you have to do.

ThyDevourer

He said that he was seasonal but also said that he has been working here for 3 years. I think that he is a TCD rather than a seasonal driver.

To the OP: File.
I plan on it. I've heard that if we actually punch in on the board we're entitled to 8 hours paid? Do you know if that's accurate? I think it is because when my sup saw I had my DIAD in my hand this morning he wasted no time telling me to put it back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you happen to take pictures of the ODS messages saying that you were working? If so, make copies and attach them to the grievance.

Yes, if you punch in you are entitled to your 8, especially if you were told twice that you would be working.

ThyDevourer

Did you happen to take pictures of the ODS messages saying that you were working? If so, make copies and attach them to the grievance.

Yes, if you punch in you are entitled to your 8, especially if you were told twice that you would be working.
Unfortunately I didn't take pictures. I suppose comm messages aren't stored for very long? Thanks I will remember to do that in the future.